Preloved Pricing Question

1LV

Jan 10, 2016
I have a chance to purchase a 10 year old medium Classic flap, which would be my first CF, in caviar leather w/silver hw, beige clair, great condition. It does have the wrinkling/crease across the front of the bag, but isn’t visible when the bag is closed. Seller is asking $5k. Is this a fair price or should I keep looking? Thanks for any and all responses!

post a photo of the crease.
When the quilts are dented or creased, you can't fluff it up or fix it. One of my jumbos has two deflated quilts on the back bottom corners (purchased straight from chanel store back in 2012. It was my second purchase)..i regret not exchanging it to this day but I'm thankful it's only on the back. Front creases even if it's covered by the flap would be a deal breaker for me because I'm assuming when you open it, you can see it.
Don't settle.
5k is alot to spend on a purse that it not fixable or obvious (like in the front).

Good luck on your first purse. Make sure you have no doubts. I buy from store and preloved and what I've learned is that if you have any reservations (to the point where you're posting on here asking us) , you probably shouldn't get it. If you love it, you'd jump on it with fear it would be gone if you didn't.

When the quilts are dented or creased, you can't fluff it up or fix it. One of my jumbos has two deflated quilts on the back bottom corners (purchased straight from chanel store back in 2012. It was my second purchase)..i regret not exchanging it to this day but I'm thankful it's only on the back. Front creases even if it's covered by the flap would be a deal breaker for me because I'm assuming when you open it, you can see it.
Don't settle.
5k is alot to spend on a purse that it not fixable or obvious (like in the front).

Good luck on your first purse. Make sure you have no doubts. I buy from store and preloved and what I've learned is that if you have any reservations (to the point where you're posting on here asking us) , you probably shouldn't get it. If you love it, you'd jump on it with fear it would be gone if you didn't.
Thank you so much for your response. Will post a picture soon.

I don’t want to have unrealistic expectations. Is the price too high for the condition of the bag or is everything on par for the price and age?
73F431CD-CC05-46E9-AC51-271501D4154A.jpeg

Don't settle.

I’ve decided not to buy the bag. You really gave me pause for thought, and helped with my decision. Thanks for the advice.

I’ve decided not to buy the bag. You really gave me pause for thought, and helped with my decision. Thanks for the advice.
Good. That is in poor condition. It looks like someone sat on it. I would not pay 5k for that. One will come around that will make you excited and jump. Just need to stalk the preloved websites daily.

Reactions: OCMomof3
Good decision, OP. I would not pay 5k for this bag, and feel seller is asking way too much considering age and condition. The right one will come, and you have a great budget to work with. Take your time. :smile:

Reactions: 1LV
Took everyone’s advice and it paid off. I was able to buy a preloved 2019 in excellent condition. Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: janetaz