Preloved or New??

JC1Q84

Jan 10, 2014
Hi all Louis Vuitton lovers here, I'm here to seek your opinion for my next purchase.

I like the Navona but only can get from preloved market.

I'm considering the Pochette NM as well. But I'm only can choose either one from them.

Should I get the preloved Navona or new Pochette NM?

Need your opinions to me.

Thank you so much!

I honestly prefer the pre-loved. Recently purchased a batignolles. I use it sooo much more than I do my speedy, which was my first LV purchase ever, and it was BRAND NEW. But even when I first bought it I could tell the difference in it and my sister's older one. Hers seemed so much more durable. I baby the speedy when I do carry it, but not so much the batignolles. I'm thinking because I didn't spend as much?? Don't know, but know I love it!! Just purchased a pre-loved cosmetic pouch. Like new, but I KNOW what a deal I got! :smile:

I'm all for buying pre-LVoed, but in this instance you are buying an older style unnecessarily because there is a newer version available. The Navona also appears to be smaller and it's rather old, so even if you find one in great condition, it might have an odor.

No brainer for this particular purchase, new is better. Or find a like new pochette NM if you want to save $$.

Thanks for all your replies here.
Actually, I like the Navona just because of the leather base. I do like pochette NM in my first glance on it.

Unable to decide...cause they slightly look alike :P

I honestly prefer the pre-loved. Recently purchased a batignolles. I use it sooo much more than I do my speedy, which was my first LV purchase ever, and it was BRAND NEW. But even when I first bought it I could tell the difference in it and my sister's older one. Hers seemed so much more durable. I baby the speedy when I do carry it, but not so much the batignolles. I'm thinking because I didn't spend as much?? Don't know, but know I love it!! Just purchased a pre-loved cosmetic pouch. Like new, but I KNOW what a deal I got! :smile:

Ok, we could be twins LOL. I bought a new speedy 40 (which I LOVE) but wanted a little more structure and a strap as well. So I just got a pre loved Batignolles... WOW I love it! But to solve my issue with the speedy (I didn't mind the handle, but didn't want as much sag) I got a great organizer that gives it a little bit more stability.

SO onto the question! I actually like both! I have new and preloved. There are some styles I like that they don't make anymore, and hey sometimes you can't beat the price. Just be very careful, ask the 'Authenticate this LV' thread and if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!!!

I think the pochette will last you a long time, and I also prefer buying new. That said lots of TPFers seem to have good luck on the preloved market-- I just can't get myself to be happy with any bag that way. Just my opinion!

Katie, what organizer did you buy for the speedy? Instead of organizer for structure, I covered a base shaper with red fabric. Turned out great. (have josephine wallet with red interior, which I did opt to purchase NEW and LOVE it!!!) I considered buying a strap for the speedy. Just not sure if I'd like it.

I've had wonderful experiences buying preloved until my latest two purchases. It's always nice to save some money especially if you can get a piece in great condition. I think the older pieces can be higher quality as well.

Katie, what organizer did you buy for the speedy? Instead of organizer for structure, I covered a base shaper with red fabric. Turned out great. (have josephine wallet with red interior, which I did opt to purchase NEW and LOVE it!!!) I considered buying a strap for the speedy. Just not sure if I'd like it.

I can't remember where I got the recommendation from but I got mine from samorga.com . They are based in Korea so I did take about 2 weeks to get to me, but what I like is that my speedy is like a black hole so it makes life a little easier :smile: They also make ones for all different styles! Since I have a 40 I think its too big for a strap, so I am looking into a DE Speedy 30 B, but also I like the DE Alma BB... but I like to carry a lot of stuff so I tend to go towards the bigger bags!

New, no hassels, doubts and never ending questioning yourself.
Oh wait thats me. I like dealing with new, I get to know every mark on them, plus that is my mark and my memory.

I love my preloved LV's! I say if I buy preloved I can have more to give a great home. If I hadn't bought preloved I prob never been able to buy all 7 pieces I own now.
I love giving them a new loving home.
I'd say throw the difference to a bigger bag. You'll love it so much but you might want a bigger bag.

Sent from my iThingy using PurseForum

In your case I would probably buy new because a similar model is available in the store. I used to only buy pre-loved but after a recent disappointing purchase, I've decided to try and buy from the boutique if possible. Of course cost savings is a factor to consider as well.