Preloved or New? Would love some opinions!

rosie156

Dec 2, 2018
I have wanted a Cartier love bracelet since I was young and decided I’ll finally pull the trigger for my birthday this year! I want a white gold love cuff with one diamond and was going to go the preloved route because it would help with the cost ($5700 new without tax). However, I’m a size 16 and I don’t see many preloved cuffs in that size. I’m debating if I should just get a new one especially since the price may increase in April?

Any opinions would help! TIA!

There are so many super fakes that Cartier won’t authenticate officially. The price differential for a pre-loved vs New is usually a few hundred dollars. I nearly went this route but decided against since $500-600 at this point wasn’t enough savings for peace of mind. Imagine spending thousands and find out super fake.

Good luck. I’m loving my YG bracelet I admired for years and finally made the leap.

I agree with what everyone is saying. I would go with a new one for various reasons. Sentimental value is a huge one for me. I also get worried when purchasing used jewelry because I have this weird feeling of it being cursed or bad luck, lol. Might sound a bit ridiculous but that’s just me! (chances are it’s fine) Another big thing is the risk of it being fake. When spending a large amount of money, I’d hope peace of mind came with the package.

Reactions: rosie156
I agree with what everyone is saying. I would go with a new one for various reasons. Sentimental value is a huge one for me. I also get worried when purchasing used jewelry because I have this weird feeling of it being cursed or bad luck, lol. Might sound a bit ridiculous but that’s just me! (chances are it’s fine) Another big thing is the risk of it being fake. When spending a large amount of money, I’d hope peace of mind came with the package.

I have that feeling too about used rings! Like it’s bad luck to wear someone else’s Love ring especially if it’s the wedding band!!

I would go for new. First because I would always worry if it was authentic buying pre loved. I'm weird...even if someone had the receipt, papers, box, bag, SA they bought it from, I would always wonder if I didn't buy it myself lol. Secondly, if it's your first one and a dream purchase, I would like to be the first owner if it were me. Post pics whenever you get :smile: