Preloved or New? Would love some opinions!

xninix77

Dec 2, 2018
I have wanted a Cartier love bracelet since I was young and decided I’ll finally pull the trigger for my birthday this year! I want a white gold love cuff with one diamond and was going to go the preloved route because it would help with the cost ($5700 new without tax). However, I’m a size 16 and I don’t see many preloved cuffs in that size. I’m debating if I should just get a new one especially since the price may increase in April?

Any opinions would help! TIA!

Bronzi522

O.G.
Sep 14, 2010
There are so many super fakes that Cartier won’t authenticate officially. The price differential for a pre-loved vs New is usually a few hundred dollars. I nearly went this route but decided against since $500-600 at this point wasn’t enough savings for peace of mind. Imagine spending thousands and find out super fake.

Good luck. I’m loving my YG bracelet I admired for years and finally made the leap.

mills bee

Jul 25, 2018
I agree with what everyone is saying. I would go with a new one for various reasons. Sentimental value is a huge one for me. I also get worried when purchasing used jewelry because I have this weird feeling of it being cursed or bad luck, lol. Might sound a bit ridiculous but that’s just me! (chances are it’s fine) Another big thing is the risk of it being fake. When spending a large amount of money, I’d hope peace of mind came with the package.

Reactions: xninix77

xninix77

Dec 2, 2018
I agree with what everyone is saying. I would go with a new one for various reasons. Sentimental value is a huge one for me. I also get worried when purchasing used jewelry because I have this weird feeling of it being cursed or bad luck, lol. Might sound a bit ridiculous but that’s just me! (chances are it’s fine) Another big thing is the risk of it being fake. When spending a large amount of money, I’d hope peace of mind came with the package.

I have that feeling too about used rings! Like it’s bad luck to wear someone else’s Love ring especially if it’s the wedding band!!

Ilovetandco

Mar 23, 2017
I would go for new. First because I would always worry if it was authentic buying pre loved. I'm weird...even if someone had the receipt, papers, box, bag, SA they bought it from, I would always wonder if I didn't buy it myself lol. Secondly, if it's your first one and a dream purchase, I would like to be the first owner if it were me. Post pics whenever you get :smile: