Preloved newb. Is the box or shopping bag important?

makami

Feb 10, 2017
Hello,
I am looking to buy my first preloved item ever. The bag is coming from. Fashionphile and will include the dust bag and authentication card. Would you buy it without the box, shopping bag and any other ribbons, flowers, etc? I don't feel like I really need them but didn't know if that will affect things later.

Do you authenticate even when buying from fashionphile? When do you authenticate? From their website before ordering? Or ordering and waiting till its in your hands?

Authentication companies?
Thanks!

Reactions: terinicola
When buying pre loved to me the most important accessory is the authenticity card. I will buy items without the dustbag/box/shopping bag, but never without the card. After that, having the dustbag is nice since I like to keep my bags in them. The box doesn’t matter to much to me personally since I don’t really use it, it’s just nice to have. I don’t really care for the shopping bag.
Fashionphile has a great 30 day return policy, so I usually authenticate the bag once I receive it as another layer. I’ll always post in the Authentication forum here and use Etinceler Authentication for email authentication for vintage items.
Depending on the year of your bag, they may only authenticate in-house. Leather Surgeons also has in-house authentications.

When buying pre loved to me the most important accessory is the authenticity card. I will buy items without the dustbag/box/shopping bag, but never without the card. After that, having the dustbag is nice since I like to keep my bags in them. The box doesn’t matter to much to me personally since I don’t really use it, it’s just nice to have. I don’t really care for the shopping bag.
Fashionphile has a great 30 day return policy, so I usually authenticate the bag once I receive it as another layer. I’ll always post in the Authentication forum here and use Etinceler Authentication for email authentication for vintage items.
Depending on the year of your bag, they may only authenticate in-house. Leather Surgeons also has in-house authentications.

Agree. For me, in terms of accessories, the card is the only thing I care about.

Thank you so much for your reply! I ordered the bag and am anxious to receive and authenticate it!

Facing this dilemma right now too! I’m choosing between a 15 series bag with box, dustbag, authenticity card from Facebook and a 24 series bag with the authenticity card and dustag but no box from eBay:sad:. The price difference is just 50usd.

I submitted the photos of the 15 series bag to Authenticate F I R S T and they‘ve told me it’s authentic while I contacted Authenticate4u for the 24 series bag. They couldn’t confirm with certainty that it’s authentic and would like for me to send them more photos if I end up getting the bag.
But since it’s a bag from eBay and with all the horror stories I’ve read, I’m inclined to let it go.:confused1: It would have been cool to get a newer bag and with a price difference of 50 dollars, I thought it would be the better purchase despite the lack of a box.

Now that I’ve seen the price of a newer bag with a box though, I’m left wondering if the seller of the 15 series bag could sell the bag at the price of a much younger bag from 2017 BECAUSE the box is included!