Preloved LV Speedy from BF's mother?!?

buy her the gift you normally would and take the bag she said you can have it and its like 20 years old. and she doesnt use it. she wants to give it to you to be nice....possibly like a sort of bonding thing. take it and be happy! (and save and get a new one eventually...youll want one cause theyre great! lol. but its sweet to have a vintage

That's really nice of her and you should accept her generosity. Write her a nice thank you notes and take her out to dinner to show your appreciation. Maybe carry the speedy when you're around her. I love to see friends and family members using the gifts I give them even if it's a pre-loved gifts. It just makes me feel fuzzy all over, just knowing that they really like the gift.

When it's time for her b-day, maybe get her a small LV accessory like a cles?

I give away used bags often, mostly to family members and some to friends. I give them away because I honestly want to see the bags used and enjoyed. I certainly don't expect anything in return, and I wouldn't want the recipient to be racking their brain trying to think of something to give me. It tickles me just to see the bag being carried and I know the person I gave it to appreciates it.

^^^ITA, I have given things away, not because I expect something in return, but because if I am not using it, I like to see others enjoy it. esp a young person.

Twinkle Tink, Agreed. I give away things often...I am not a pack rat or in this case a "bag rat"! I hate things to just sit around if someone can use them.

So sweet of your bf's mom! I agree with the other girls. Give her the gift you were planning to give her, but in the meantime...definitely write a thank you note and give her chocolates or flowers. She'll appreciate it!