Preloved LV Pochette Hardware

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I recently bought a preloved LV Pochette (year 2000) and I noticed the hardware is fading the gold tone. Is that normal?

2. Yes. You can also take it into the store and see how much it would be to replace it.

3. Totally normal. Zipper pulls are free to replace and can be done in store. All other parts have to be left and shipped off for a few weeks to be repaired at a cost. If it's not chipped try using brasso on a qtip to clean and polish with soft cloth. Careful not to get it on leather etc...

LVPALLAS likes this.
  4. If its fading I would think that its not brass hardware but plated hardware. Did you try using brasso after all? What was the results?

5. LV has not used brass in years - everything is plated. Just take it to LV to see if they can replace the zipper.

LVPALLAS likes this.
  6. Wonder how long the replacement zippers last before you get into the same delema.

7. You know really I have not had an issue with the zippers and I have had a few things for years.

LVPALLAS likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice