Preloved for 1st Kelly or Birkin bag???

Meowwu

Apr 11, 2016
Would you buy preloved bag as your first Kelly bag or Birkin bag??

I am torn. There are some very pretty Birkin and Kelly on the market. While the price is almost retail price, they are ready and available. Psychologically, I am just not sure...I might loose out on that sentimental first Kelly/Birkin feeling. :-s

If you have doubts - don't do this. You won't be able to fully enjoy your purchase. Also it seems from you post that it is not a matter of money, just availability. I would wait and get a new one!

Reactions: Txoceangirl

I am torn. There are some very pretty Birkin and Kelly on the market. While the price is almost retail price, they are ready and available. Psychologically, I am just not sure...I might loose out on that sentimental first Kelly/Birkin feeling. :-s

If you have your heart set on a particular color, size & leather & it is available at an H store
I would make the purchase. The whole experience is memorable!!

If you have doubts - don't do this. You won't be able to fully enjoy your purchase. Also it seems from you post that it is not a matter of money, just availability. I would wait and get a new one!

That's very true. I want to be able to enjoy "my" bag.

Patience is a great virtue...and test hahahahhaa

I'm most enamored with VN, Barenia and box leathers therefore I bought my first K and B from Docride. I didn't have the boutique experience but I knew the odds of getting one new was almost none. I have no regrets. In fact all of my B and K are from resale market. I purchased an Evie and a pico from the boutique so I got the experience then. I think all depends on what you're looking for.

LOL the first bag is only the gateway drug to more bags-- there will be plenty of opportunities for that "first bag" experience in boutique [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji521][emoji521][emoji521][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Do you have other H bags?
Get the bag you want in the color and leather that make you happy, whether it comes from boutique or reseller. You can always shop at the boutique for a bag that doesn't involve H games and SA manipulation.

If you find a like-new bag in the resale market, at a fair price, why not? I am OCD and only buy new. But I don't understand the infatuation with the "boutique experience." It is not worth the trade-off if you find your grail elsewhere. Go for the bag -- it's the bag you will enjoy for many years to come.
There are certain bags no longer available that I would buy from a reseller if i could find one that is not twice retail.

I don't really care much about the boutique experience, but I'm too paranoid about it being a superfake that I'd only get one from the store. I did get preloved LV and Goyard, but the discounts were significant and I never quite loved the pieces as much as those that I got fresh from stores. So especially for your first one I'd go with store-only, but that's just my preference.

Reactions: Meowwu
The in-store experience is a few minutes or maybe a couple hours of your day....the bag is a lifetime and it's yours, no matter where it came from. I personally don't care about the in-store experience. My pre-loved bags are from trusted sellers, usually I know the provenance, and they have all been authenticated. I won't buy off Instagram or from some seller whom I don't trust to spot a superfake.
If you're looking at the new in box type reseller, they mainly bought from Hermès clients or direct from Hermès. At their prices, they need to be sure they sell only authentic.
My first Kelly was preloved and is my most beautiful and cherished bag :flowers:

I bought my first H bag in a store and looking back, it's not that big of a deal now. Sure there's the whole paperbag, unboxing thing, and of course the smell of new leather, but that entire experience is very short, very fleeting, that I don't even remember how it was.

I didn't like my first H bag so I ended up selling it (and losing half of what I paid for it, but that's life). So I think that's why it doesn't matter to me anymore.

From now on I think I'll only go vintage, as I can't endure the waiting and the price. Plus, there are some bags that look better as vintage, say, a sellier, rouge H box Kelly or a barenia Birkin.

Plus if you find that special one from a trusted reseller, you would actually still have your first experience of the whole Hermes store waiting for you...YES
Buying a pre loved one, if you know in your heart that it's the one would be just as special in my opinion.

My first Hermes bag was purchased in a Hermes store at an Airport. My Gold Garden Party, I was exstatic :nuts: even though it was not at an actual brick & mortar Hermes, technically I still have that experience of my first waiting for me.:P
I/we just got back from a beautiful cruise & visited a number of Hermes with no luck at all.:sick:
I've been dreaming of my first B for a number of years, since 2007 or 2008 I think, so at this point if I found that special one and it was a pre loved from a trusted source, I would have no problem accepting, are you kidding me, horses couldn't drag me away, bahwahwhahw.

Do whatever makes you feel most comfortable. If you are lucky enough to be in one place and have an established relationship with a S.A. wait. I'm not, I travel all the time and when I am in one place for awhile, too much competition in those cities population wise to be offered a B and I don't have the time to try to play the Hermes let's build a product buying plan with a B or K at the top of that pyramid, lol. just saying.

Good luck, do what excites your heart and most importantly enjoy traveling the road to getting your first special baby!!!!!!!!!