Preloved Dilemma !!

Lovely87

O.G.
Jul 14, 2010
Canada
Which pre-loved louis vuitton piece would you buy?

Monogram Petit Noe - $350
Brand New: $950
or

Epi Speedy 30 Noir (Vintage 1992) - $700 - $750
Brand New: $1300ish

The speedy has the gold hardware ... vs the newer epi speedys w/ silver

If you were to buy only one.. Which one and why ??

I'm trying to wager out the pros and cons .. I'm really leaning towards the epi but I'm conscious about the hardware not being "up to date" but it saves me almost $750 from buying a brand new speedy. The low price of the Mono Petit Noe is sooo attractive ... great condition. I want to buy both, but a tad behind with my bills.. can only pick one.

Help tpF's !!!!!

Mekinfrance

Sep 23, 2009
Île-de-France
I'd buy the Petit Noe, more if you say it is in great condition..
I am not a fan of the epi line, esp vintage... I do not like how they look when they are older... sorry! :rolleyes:
But I think the Petit Noe is a LoVely bag, very classic and if you are lucky to find one in great condition you should go for it!
Have Fun deciding and please post pics after :smile:

lizaariani59

Nov 16, 2011
If u want to buy anything in preloved u must ask for the detail pictures of the bag.epi vintage,especially who had pocket tend to have sticky pocket.just beware of that and also the odor of mouthball,cigaretts

VSOP

Dec 8, 2010
sorry to have to say this...if you are a tad bit behind on your bills... then please pay your bills first. no need to get behind in bills for LV sake.

not a good look at all

Lovely87

O.G.
Jul 14, 2010
Canada
^^ Agreed.
However, the seller is leaving the country within two days! Its such a good price, but I have to pay for my bills.. that's why I am only buying one of the two. One should never put themselves into debt for materialistic needs.

Zoe123

Dec 10, 2008
sorry to have to say this...if you are a tad bit behind on your bills... then please pay your bills first. no need to get behind in bills for LV sake.

not a good look at all
I'm sorry but I have to agree (this is not a lecture, just a word from someone who got herself in debt chasing designer bags).....please take care of yourself financially first. The bags are disposable items & someday you will get bored with it and stop carrying it. Getting behind on your bills can cause long lasting problems ---and these problems last far longer than any designer bag. Please take care of yourself

VSOP

Dec 8, 2010
^^ Agreed.
However, the seller is leaving the country within two days! Its such a good price, but I have to pay for my bills.. that's why I am only buying one of the two. One should never put themselves into debt for materialistic needs.
have you got the bags authenticated first?

bvan1968

Dec 12, 2011
I'm sorry but I have to agree (this is not a lecture, just a word from someone who got herself in debt chasing designer bags).....please take care of yourself financially first. The bags are disposable items & someday you will get bored with it and stop carrying it. Getting behind on your bills can cause long lasting problems ---and these problems last far longer than any designer bag. Please take care of yourself
I have to agree with these two ladies. Please don't spend money to "save" money. My DH and I have been living debt-free (except for the house mortgage) -- no credit card bills, no car payments, no student loans -- for a few years now (thanks, Dave Ramsey!). Having experienced both sides of the coin (with debt and without debt), I have to say that debt-free living is fantastic! Louis Vuitton will undoubtably be around for the rest of our lifetimes...and you'll enjoy your bags more knowing that you are financially secure.

Dianabanana12

Oct 20, 2010
careful from you saying the seller is leaving the country in 2 days, doesn't sound good! Post it in authenticate this here in TPF to make sure its authentic! gluck!!