Preloved Chanel Gold Hardware turned silver.... fixes?

I purchased a CHANEL Caviar Quilted Jumbo Single Flap Black from Fashionphile and it took me a while to notice but the tip of the turnlock on this bag has faded from gold to silver and now it drives me nuts and I don't want to carry it any longer.. Since I don't have the receipt and it's older than 5 years I know Chanel will not repair it (I've called and gone in). Is there anything I can do to fix this or somewhere I can take it or would you just sell it back to them? I already got a quote to resell to Fashionphile and it would be a $1100.00 loss from the price I purchased it at. Just looking for advice.. thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 5.07.53 PM.png

Hold up. HW is one of the things they are still supposed to do even after 5 years. Are they being sticklers because of the receipt? Anyhow, since you referencing the 5 year thing and are bringing up Fashionphile I am assuming you are in the US? If so get a quote from Leather Surgeons. They're the ones Chanel sends it to anyway.
They told me that hardware was considered "refurbishing" and since the bag is older than 5 years I would need the receipt. Yes, I am in the US. I'm guessing Leather Surgeons are super reputable? I just feel nervous about sending it off but will totally look into them. Thank you!!

They told me that hardware was considered "refurbishing" and since the bag is older than 5 years I would need the receipt. Yes, I am in the US. I'm guessing Leather Surgeons are super reputable? I just feel nervous about sending it off but will totally look into them. Thank you!!

Yes extremely reputable. You can search for some threads. Basically Chanel (US) sent most of their repairs/refurbs to them so all they really did by making all the new rules a few yrs back is eliminate themselves as the middleman. LS used to not take personal clients but now they do.

I've used leather surgeons several times .They are VERY reputable and professional. TBH, I would feel more comfortable sending the bag to LS than to Chanel. Also, from what I hear, Chanel often uses LS to repair their bags, so you are very safe sending the bag to LS:smile: They are FANTASTIC!!

Reactions: Sparkletastic
All these bags after 2009 when Chanel stopped selling 24k gold hardware are all simpled plated with a somewhat thin coat of different mix of metals that are used in costume jewelry, making the product cheaper to produce and cheaper in material so any Chanel you’ve purchased after 2009 that is not Silver you will see chipping.
There are solutions that people can purchase and have their hardware plated though, like this one:

Just unscrew the hardware.
The cost of this product is most likey the cost the repairer will charge you to fix it for just one time.