Preloved Beauties/Cuties Club

lVliving

Nov 19, 2016
I wanted to start a thread in hopes that people will share their preloved purchases that they love or for that fact regret.. also to help to make it known that it is totally up to the buyer what choice they make.
I don't understand the dislike of preloved aside from the 'sanitary component' which really can be handled with some light/heavy cleaning if willing.
Ex. The multicolor line was huge and people went crazy for it.
I myself purchased the zippy in Noir/grenade back in 2013, only to return it because at that time I wasn't comfortable spending over 1k on a wallet.
Times have changed and so has my financial situation so these items are attainable price wise now, but no longer in production.
Preloved is the only way to go for discountinued items. Now I own a beautiful
Noir/Bluet Insolite Wallet that I purchased for about 450 USD in very good condition 'preloved'

What have you purchased preloved? Or would you never purchase preloved even if the item you want is discontinued and can only be attained this way? :smile:

Nothing wrong with buying secondary market bags like new or otherwise. Its preference really. I like both and also you can get very good value if you are good shopper and work with good sellers. It can be a win win situation. Like you said, the bag can be professionally reconditioned. There are several trusted names.

Reactions: lVliving
Indeed, thank you! Sellers such as fashionpile, the realreal, bag borrow or steal (just to name a few of them) have great deals. eBay too if you have a good eye for authentic items and are aware of the chances of scam (which is a risk taken)

I am going to reveal my fashionpile beauty in a bit! :smile:

Reactions: Aliluvlv
The sanitary part is not a big deal, because you can clean and disinfect it. The bag may be not so clean from the factory....How do you know IF the worker washed his/her hands while making the bag? lol

I have been looking at some pre-loved recently and am considering purchasing .........but what cracks me up are some of the prices on these websites. Some are reasonable, but many are not. I have sold pre-loved items before, and I truly don't expect to get 100% of what I paid for because IMO once a product is used, it no longer should cost what the original one costs.
Many sellers are unrealistic, and it's a lot of work to find a bag that is priced where it should be. I wonder IF some of these sellers know what the bags sell for at the LV stores, because I see some listings for more than on the LV website. I don't want to harass anyone, but would love to shoot them a note and tell them WHY their bag isn't selling. Also, if a bag is more than 3 years old, with some signs of use, I expect to pay HALF, not $100 less. In the first year the bag depreciates the most. Buyers expect to get 25-30% off original price. Why should they buy a Neverfull PM for $1200, used, when they can buy it for $1170 brand new with all the accessories ? Just sayin

Reactions: Compass Rose
The sanitary part is not a big deal, because you can clean and disinfect it. The bag may be not so clean from the factory....How do you know IF the worker washed his/her hands while making the bag? lol

I have been looking at some pre-loved recently and am considering purchasing .........but what cracks me up are some of the prices on these websites. Some are reasonable, but many are not. I have sold pre-loved items before, and I truly don't expect to get 100% of what I paid for because IMO once a product is used, it no longer should cost what the original one costs.
Many sellers are unrealistic, and it's a lot of work to find a bag that is priced where it should be. I wonder IF some of these sellers know what the bags sell for at the LV stores, because I see some listings for more than on the LV website. I don't want to harass anyone, but would love to shoot them a note and tell them WHY their bag isn't selling. Also, if a bag is more than 3 years old, with some signs of use, I expect to pay HALF, not $100 less. In the first year the bag depreciates the most. Buyers expect to get 25-30% off original price. Why should they buy a Neverfull PM for $1200, used, when they can buy it for $1170 brand new with all the accessories ? Just sayin
Keep in mind that the "asking price" is always different from the "selling price." A Quick eBay search for "sold items" show a big gap between what's listed and what people actually pay for the item. Same on Fashionphile and Yoogi's. A lot of people use coupons and discounts before they pull the trigger. Some items that are hard to find on the second-hand market like a black Birkin or a classic Petite Malle will often sell for almost retail (or even above retail in the case of Hermès). But these items are the exception.

Reactions: Aliluvlv

I agree. Reailty is most of these items offer a third party payer such as affirm and people who generally can't drop 2k on a purse don't mind doing so over installment payments with interest.. so this is my theory as to why some are willing to pay more for a Used item because they have the option to get the lux good now and pay over time.

Keep in mind that the "asking price" is always different from the "selling price." A Quick eBay search for "sold items" show a big gap between what's listed and what people actually pay for the item. Same on Fashionphile and Yoogi's. A lot of people use coupons and discounts before they pull the trigger. Some items that are hard to find on the second-hand market like a black Birkin or a classic Petite Malle will often sell for almost retail (or even above retail in the case of Hermès). But these items are the exception.
Yes I know about the "sold" option....but what coupons or discounts are you referring to on Ebay? I know about Coupons at the ReaReal. Does Ebay give coupons? Do you guys ASK the sellers for discounts regardless of what the asking price is? Thanks

BTW- I had a horrible experience at Tradesy. I returned the item and to my HORROR, the seller re-listed it!

Yes I know about the "sold" option....but what coupons or discounts are you referring to on Ebay? I know about Coupons at the ReaReal. Does Ebay give coupons? Do you guys ASK the sellers for discounts regardless of what the asking price is? Thanks

BTW- I had a horrible experience at Tradesy. I returned the item and to my HORROR, the seller re-listed it!
I was referring to coupons and discounts at Fashionphile and Yoogi's (and other pre-loved sites).
But yes: when an item does not have a "best offer" option on eBay, I always contact the seller and ask. I got items for lower prices many times that way. If the seller and I agree on a lower price, they simply relist the item with a "best offer" option and I make my offer.

Reactions: MyPandaxox
I was referring to coupons and discounts at Fashionphile and Yoogi's (and other pre-loved sites).
But yes: when an item does not have a "best offer" option on eBay, I always contact the seller and ask. I got items for lower prices many times that way. If the seller and I agree on a lower price, they simply relist the item with a "best offer" option and I make my offer.
I didn't realize you said this too

eBay is a risk at times to me. No coupons that I am aware of.. you can always message the seller to see if they are negotiable on price.
Indeed, eBay is riskier but... there are a lot of authentic items on eBay and some for much lower prices that one would pay on professional resellers' sites. Anyone shopping on eBay should definitely get the item authenticated and stay vigilant. However, there are many reputable sellers on eBay. Not everyone is a scammer!