Pregnant in Heels

Okay, did anyone else think the baby nurse woman was staged? That had to be the creepiest/dumbest request I have ever heard of. Because you may not be able to nurse your baby, you would allow a stranger to do it?!?!

IDK but I have heard you can buy breast milk online, I wouldn't! I think breastfeeding is important...from ME! I was with Rosie on that one, you don't know if they drink, smoke or have a disease & do you really want your baby sucking on someone elses boob! :nono:

I would have a friend breastfeed my baby if I couldn't for whatever reason. Probably not a complete stranger though...unless it was a dire emergency. And you can get donor milk too. Yes, the donors are typically strangers, but *most* breastfeeding moms aren't out there smoking and drinking or doing drugs. Or at least they'll be honest with you if you ask. I've made it clear to my SO that if something terrible happens to me before our baby weans, he needs to find donor breast milk for her. I even sent him links to the places where donors can be found. If she can't have my milk, someone else's is the next best thing. If that makes me crazy, I'm okay with that. lol

DivineMissM said:
I would have a friend breastfeed my baby if I couldn't for whatever reason. Probably not a complete stranger though...unless it was a dire emergency. And you can get donor milk too. Yes, the donors are typically strangers, but *most* breastfeeding moms aren't out there smoking and drinking or doing drugs. Or at least they'll be honest with you if you ask. I've made it clear to my SO that if something terrible happens to me before our baby weans, he needs to find donor breast milk for her. I even sent him links to the places where donors can be found. If she can't have my milk, someone else's is the next best thing. If that makes me crazy, I'm okay with that. lol

I didn't know that they had programs like the one Rosie helped her client find. Rosie said it was quite regulated and safe. Nice to know there are other alternatives these days should one not be able to breastfeed.