Pregnant after pregnancy??

addicted2chanel

Chanel not war
Jan 17, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Ok. I know I said I kind of wanted to be pregnant again, but I don't know if I really mean it. I just missed being pregnant.
My SO and I, yes, have unprotected intercourse for the past couple weeks, not regularly, but it only takes once, ya know?
OK. What I want to know is, how can you tell if you're pregnant after you just had a baby?
Here are some weird things I've had going on for the past few days..
I stopped bleeding a little over a week ago, and about three days ago, I noticed spotting, and the next day after that as well. I've also noticed that when my son nurses, my breasts get a slight...pain for a few seconds, and like later this day, they ached for a little while, and it wasn't that "full of milk ache", either. It's...different. Also, I've been feeling a little pukey for the past three days, I haven't gotten sick, but I've felt a little woosy.
I'm so worried..I COULD be pregnant again, and my SO has been making jokes for the past few days about the "baby" inside me. I'm SO nervous that I actually AM pregnant, but I'm not for sure..I don't even know what to do. :crybaby:

May 21, 2006
USA
Well, I've felt like that too before after pregnancy, and it turns out I wasn't preggo after all. But it sure felt like it, so take a hpt just to be sure! It will put your mind at ease. Good luck!

kimberf

Loves the Lindy!
O.G.
Mar 8, 2007
California
I would guess there's a good chance that your hormones are just settling down and causing some discomfort. If you were pregnant, wouldn't you just be a couple of weeks along? In that case, it's pretty early to be having symptoms. I definitely get some odd pains in my breasts while nursing, so that may just be a nursing thing.

I would take an HPT as well to set my mind at ease, if I were you. I like First Response -- EPT missed my pregnancy for the baby I just had. I'd also test again maybe 2 weeks later too, just to be sure.

Mrs. MC

Dec 4, 2007
I would say if you don't want to be preganant again then you should take precautions. Your body needs to adjust after the trauma for a pregnancy and it is not all that good to be pregnant again so soon after. If you had a normal vaginal delivery then I think it is better than a c - section which many health professionals agree that one should wait at least 1 year before TTC but in general I personally would give it some time. If you are breastfeeding still there is an increased chance of misscarriage. Good luck !

kimberf

Loves the Lindy!
O.G.
Mar 8, 2007
California
I would say if you don't want to be preganant again then you should take precautions. Your body needs to adjust after the trauma for a pregnancy and it is not all that good to be pregnant again so soon after. If you had a normal vaginal delivery then I think it is better than a c - section which many health professionals agree that one should wait at least 1 year before TTC but in general I personally would give it some time. If you are breastfeeding still there is an increased chance of misscarriage. Good luck !
Sorry to go off-topic here, but is that one year wait after c-section common? I haven't heard that from my doctor. Of course, I also haven't been in for my 6-week checkup yet. I'll ask about it then, but am curious whether that's a standard thing. Not that I have any intention of trying in that time period, but just curious.

Mrs. MC

Dec 4, 2007
Sorry to go off-topic here, but is that one year wait after c-section common? I haven't heard that from my doctor. Of course, I also haven't been in for my 6-week checkup yet. I'll ask about it then, but am curious whether that's a standard thing. Not that I have any intention of trying in that time period, but just curious.
Well I do know one person who didn't wait and everything was fine. I have heard common problems with ruptured uterus which makes sense because it takes at least a year for it to heal. Even when the uterus heals those parts that are cut can still rupture because scar tissue is not stretchy so there is always a problem that is why v-bacs are so risky.

UWangel143

cheetah cub. so cute
Oct 22, 2006
from what you say here, you're breast feeding, am i right?

breast feeding hormones like ocytocin tells the ovaries not to produce eggs. they inhibit follicle stimulating hormone and lutenizing hormone. FSH and LH. i'm sure you remember these terms from high school.

if you don't remember let me explain it to you.
FSH is to stimulate the formation of the ovum. LH is to stimulate its release from the ovary and into the fallopian tubes.

you're not pregnant. once you stop breast feeding however, your hormones will undergo changes, and estrogen and progesterone will cycle during the month. then you'll have your period. that is, only if ocytocin isn't produced.

lastly, ocytocin - being inhibitory to the formation of ova, will stop menstrual cycling. this is because the ova's corpus luteum isn't produced. the corpus luteum makes progesterone, which tells the uterus to swell up with blood to supply nutrients to the egg. so without egg formation and thus no corpus luteum, its impossible to get menstruation.

get it? good.

addicted2chanel

Chanel not war
Jan 17, 2008
Anchorage, AK
It may be impossible to get menstruation for a period of time. My doctor said it could come now, or it could come six months from now.
I've heard of a lot of people getting pregnant a month or two after giving birth, while breastfeeding. I know it's possible. But I'm wondering if I am.
I guess. If I was- I'd be..a couple weeks. Since I've never had a child before, I'm just wondering if the pains in my breasts are normal, or what. I guess I will find out at my check up, which I haven't gone to yet.
As far as "Getting it" Yes. I already knew that. I already knew that in MOST cases, you can not get pregnant.
I had a natural birth, Mrs. MC. Is there really an increased chance of miscarriage while breastfeeding?

addicted2chanel

Chanel not war
Jan 17, 2008
Anchorage, AK
And Dallas- I WANT another baby. My SO is the one who is unsure. He is worried about providing. I'm just wanting another baby, but unsure about whether to wait, and enjoy my son while he is still a baby.
Also, why do almost ALL of your comments to people seem snide, sarcastic, and "all-knowing"?

dallas

O.G.
Jan 17, 2007
^^ Sorry but I thought you said you weren't sure.
As for your accusation about my comments, this was my response to your previous thread:

"Yes and yes. Your son is only 1 month old and he may be a dream baby, but the little darlings have a tendency to become more and more demanding and it is very exhausting. I can understand you missing the feeling of being pregnant, but if I were you I would give it some time. It's better to miss the feeling than go ahead and become pregnant too soon, only to be totally overwhelmed by a situation that you may not have been prepared for. I'm not trying to be a party pooper but I think being pregnant and giving birth is the easy part, it's the raising that is the really hard work. Good luck with whatever you decide and congratulations on the birth of your son":flowers:.

My apologies for obviously being "snide, sarcastic and all-knowing".

UWangel143

cheetah cub. so cute
Oct 22, 2006
btw i've read this in the yahoo news so don't quote me.

it costs roughly 200,000 to raise a child up to 18 years. so if u have two it might not necessarily means x2 but u gotta prepare for it. but of course if your rich then by all means take this message and think of it as time wasted.

i'm pretty sure breast feeding stops menstruation. basically your body is getting the signal that you're raising a child, and you still need to care for it. so it would put more of its biological activities into producing milk and IgA for the baby.

if it is possible to breast feed AND get pregnant then by all means you should go to my proff and tell her this so she can rewrite her notes. i'm only basing this because this is what i've been taught. that and of course if those mothers who breast feed and somehow are not producing the hormone or they simply do not have cellular receptors to get an inhibitory pathway... then they're exceptions to the rule.

UWangel143

cheetah cub. so cute
Oct 22, 2006
crap i forgot an important part...

after the placenta has fallen out etc your uterus starts to shrink. this may take 1 month 6 months; whatever... its why the doctors say your menstrual period may come anytime... since 1. it depends on how fast you recover your body into optimal fertility condition, and 2. no inhibitory molecules to stop menstruation. in addition, your pelvic bone has a cartilage part that is right above your gonadal system. i'm not sure if it has to reform before another pregnancy but yeah... that cartilage part disintegrates when your pregnant. (also any cartilage around your body since hormones travel in the blood and thats why we have a higher chance of osteoporosis since our cartilage gets the signal to breakdown and men don't get that)

i'm not sure if it has to reform until your next pregnancy, but it could be another limiting factor.

UWangel143

cheetah cub. so cute
Oct 22, 2006
its hard to describe where the cartilage part is. use the skeleton anatomy to point it out but its at the ventral medial side of the body.