Pregnancy: More prone to motion sickness?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi ladies,

I'm currently in my 8th week pregnant, and still without any typical pregnancy symptoms (like morning sickness). One thing that I am suffering from though, is motion sickness.

I ride the train for 1.5 hours each way everyday to school. Overall, the train ride is okay - but within the last 30 minutes in the morning, I feel AWFUL. :sick: I don't actually throw up, I just feel queezy for a little while. I carry saltines and sprite in my bag, but they don't seem to help. Anybody have any suggestions that are baby-safe?

PS: I am prone to motion sickness on airplanes when I am tired or hungry - but never on trains :shrugs:

2. I TOTALLY had that :sad:
    The one thing that helped me w/ my last pregnany was ICE cold Lemonade for some reason, I don't know why, but it fixed me everytime.

3. Try the motion sick bands, for the wrist...work on pressure points.

4. Yep, this happened to me too.

5. I give passengers flat ginger ale on the plane. Maybe candied ginger will help?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice