Pregnancy Issues: Breaking Out !

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello,

I'm 5 weeks pregnant, and i've been breaking out like crazy, i think its ever since i conceived. It's really irritating, did anyone else experience this issue???
    Please give suggestions and advices as to what i can do to make it better.

Thanks! :flowers:

2. I really broke out when I was pregnant with my daughter. I couldn't find anything that helped either becuase it was hormonal, but it didn't last through the whole pregnancy either.

3. my mom broke out very badly when she was pregnant with my 3rd sister..after delivering, her skin went back to normal. But my 3rd sister had terrible acne when she was a teenager until she got pregnant with her baby in her early 20s..her skin cleared up..after her baby was born, her acne flared up again..

4. oh my gosh, me too! i think it was around 8 days past ovulation when these big scary zits started popping on on the sides of my face and my chin. i'm only six weeks pregnant, and they're not as big anymore, but definitely still popping up. i'm a bit crazy though, i worry when i see less of them and hope that nothing is wrong :s
    i know that salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide should be avoided, but i've heard mixed things about tea tree oil. my facewash has tea tree oil and i'm worried if i should keep using it?

5. I can't help much as I have not been pregnant before, but I tend to break out and I know it is from hormones. So when I get pregnant I see this being an issue too!

I watched a show recently showing the great affects of salt water on your face... it does help dry things up. Can you use anything topically while pregnant? I don't know the rules etc.

6. I had horrible acne on my neck and chest when I was pregnant with my daughter but very little when I was pregnant with my son. I am pretty paranoid about toxicity when pregnant so I didn't use any topical cremes or special medcines/soaps. I just used regular bar soap and tried to stay in cool areas as to not sweat. Not really sure whether there's anything you can really do for it..or any of the other whacky things that happens to your body when pregnant.

Hang in there....and concentrate on how pretty and thick your hair is getting or call the shine the "glow."

Congratz by the way.

7. Thanks everyone!

I don't have terrible acne i would say. I have these red sort of like pimples but they don't contain pus in it, and if i touch it, it hurts alot. I'm not sure what i have. lol

Hopefully, it will not stay my entire pregnancy.

rileygirl - Thanks :heart:

8. Oh my goodness I was the pimple princess in my first trimester. I broke out everywhere & I mean everywhere. It's hormones & theres nothing you can do, really. I had a girl by the way.

9. My face isn't that bad, only a few pmiples right now. But my chest and back have inflamed pimples all over about 10 pimples on each side. It makes dressing even more difficult, because I have to wear high necklines.

10. I had really bad acne at the end of my pregnancy, it was all over my forehead. I didn't do much about it except for daily cleansing with a face wash. It eventually did go away after I delivered, just not immediately. I'm sure your acne is hormonal, and rest easy it will go away!

11. For me the breaking out has stopped now that I'm in my second trimester. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about it. Just know it will go away when your hormones even out.

12. oh man! how annoying. i never knew of all these things that happen to our poor bodies, i just thought i had to worry about morning sickness and now im learning of the acne and hemorrhoids! Congrats though! The baby bit is exciting!

13. I had that too very early on. Not so much anymore!

14. mine is slowly clearing up...yay! :balloon:

15. I had pimples during my first month or so, and I don't break out in general. Now, my skin seems back to normal and I'm 14 weeks.