Pregnancy and DANDRUFF??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Did anyone else develop dandruff during their pregnancy? I've never had a problem with it before, but from about 20 weeks on, my scalp has been dry and itchy like crazy :sad:

Any remedies? Are OTC dandruff shampoos safe to use during pregnancy?

2. I have had this problem. It might be because you need to drink a little bit more water, this is what has been the problem with me before. I don't know if the shampoos are ok because drinking extra fluids has alwyas helped me. I also have a brush that you can get a walmart or target. It has copper bristles that help prevent dandruff.:smile:

3. I got that too. I had to stop washing my hair every day. In fact, sometimes I'd even wash it every 3rd day! After a week or so, the flaky scalp was gone. Unfortunately, shortly after delivery, I got my regular hair back and have to wash it every day again. (And now it's falling out like crazy!)

4. I did with my first 2 pregnancys. With my third I had super greasy hair. It went back to normal after the birth of the babies.

5. I haven't had dandruff, but I've been extremely dry! And my hair is shedding a ton (although I certainly have hair to spare!), so I too have skipped the everyday wash.

6. ^^^ You could send me some of the hair you don't need! Mine is always pretty fine. When I was pregnant, it pretty much stopped falling out. Now, I'm in hypershed or something. I have actually started feeling bad that I get so annoyed with our shedding dog! I swear I'll be bald by summer!