Pre-treating a bag to prevent stains?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I've been dying to use my lovely Clandestine, but it's a cream color and I am deathly afraid of staining it (or getting it stuck in a subway door, nyc is dirty).

Is there any way to pre-treat a bag to prevent stains?
    Otherwise, I guess I just need to venture out with my baby and clean stains immediately!

2. I posted this a few days ago under the summer white bag love or hate thread about how I treated my white bag this weekend. If you haven't heard of these products before, the websites are lovinmybags.com and leatherstuff.com. Two coats of For Handles Only with a paper towel (Lovin My Bags), two coats of Leather Pro-Treatment with a makeup sponge (Lovin My Bags), and two coats of Applegarde Rain and Stain Repellent spray.

3. --So it is OK to spray the Apple Garde on over the Pro-Treatment? And over the Handles Only? I am so chicken when it comes to putting stuff on my bags.

I just used the Handles Only on all of my still-light LV vachetta. Directions said use a light hand - I am worried maybe I didn't put enough - did you use the smallest dab(s) possible? I of course had to re-dip the paper towel to cover more and more sections of the bag, but how do I know I put on enough? I have read all the causions on various threads of not over-using the products...

4. I'm playing it by ear. I put the Leather Pro-Treatment over the Handles Only, and then sprayed the Apple-Garde. I think I was gearing toward as much protection as possible! I didn't use really small dabs, and I put on a lot. If you have questions about the Lovin My Bag products, I heard that Barbara is really nice, and I'm sure she'll answer them.

5. Thanks titania! I remember hearing about lovinmybags, but hadn't really checked them out. I'm going to get those 2 products. I have Coach cleaner and moisturizer so I'll stick with that.
    Hmm, anyone know if handle cleaner works for valchetta leather? I wonder if I should pre-treat an old, but well used Coach bag.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice