Pre-Paris Instant Reveal! 9 days and counting until wheels up!

Hi everyone! 9 days and counting until I board the plane for my first trip to Paris! In order to get in the spirit of the trip, here are 3 new arrivals designed to make the vacation more enjoyable: a bearn tri-fold wallet in blue atoll/gold HW, an Ulysse notebook in bleu electrique togo, and an Alfred messenger bag in black clemence! The bearn has great capacity (and I've always wanted a piece in blue atoll, a color I adore), the notebook will be good for mid-afternoon ruminations whilst at an outdoor coffee shop or cafe, and the Alfred...well, I was stunned (in a good way) at how compact it is! The capacity is great but it is "just enough". It'll fit perfectly under the seat in front of me on the plane and, as it is a messenger style, won't be unwieldy under my arm/body...and ofc, the clemence is just so soft and exquisite to the touch... My custom Divide and Conquer bag organizer is due to arrive Monday and that'll give the Alfred some helpful structure (and more storage pockets for me!). :smile::smile::smile::smile:
The Alfred is such a handsome bag! You'll look like a Parisian. Bon voyage!

Reactions: Hermezzy
Lovely pieces! You are so ready for Paris and you will be there for the lovely weather too! Enjoy yourself!!
Thank you so much! The guy in the office next to mine last year is a native Parisian and he always used to say, "You were destined to live in Paris!" when he'd see me walk in, day after day, with at least once french brand on lol

Paris is a fantastic city even if all you do is sit at a street cafe and watch the world go by. Add some H and C and great food and it truly is one of my favourite cities in the whole world.

You will have a wonderful time!
I've got to remember to do that LOL...I've got to fit in all the shopping I want to do but also need to take some time to just watch the world go by...and could there possibly be a better place to do that? Everyone tells me no! lol

Etoile, you are always such a dear...all of your words always just radiate kindness. Thank you so much! I've eyed the alfred for many years and have always found the minimalistic quality you refer to so attractive. It has almost no hardware- originally I didn't know if I'd like that (I just love how H hardware catches light and gleams), but with this style it is perfect. Being clemence, it truly is a slouchy bag so the bag organizer is an absolute must. I can't wait to see how it'll look once the organizer is in there. I'm so grateful to Connie at Divide&Conquer at Etsy for making a custom one for me so fast- it should arrive Monday.

I always thought that messenger bags needed to be big until this arrived and now I can see the value of a smaller bag (and how much wasted space goes into many men's messenger bag styles). I'm not a huge guy (5'9", 147 pds) so the smaller size works so much better on my frame.

Thank you, you are so sweet, I feel the very same about you! :heart: But I'm afraid I'm still a work in progress regarding the always part! ;) Regarding clemence, so plush and sumptuous! I'm contemplating an Evelyne in clemence, and love how it elegantly conforms when worn, but like you, will want an organizer for a bit of structure and content orderliness. :smile: So great you've had an organizer made and it's en route! And I have the same issues with proportion and scale. I have a smaller frame and can get easily overwhelmed. Sounds like this one is a perfect fit for you. You make such thoughtful choices!

Thank you, you are so sweet, I feel the very same about you! :heart: But I'm afraid I'm still a work in progress regarding the always part! ;) Regarding clemence, so plush and sumptuous! I'm contemplating an Evelyne in clemence, and love how it elegantly conforms when worn, but like you, will want an organizer for a bit of structure and content orderliness. :smile: So great you've had an organizer made and it's en route! And I have the same issues with proportion and scale. I have a smaller frame and can get easily overwhelmed. Sounds like this one is a perfect fit for you. You make such thoughtful choices!
You are just a ray of sunshine, etoile...this forum is better because of people like you, truly!

I had a craie evelyne GM in epsom souple and I regret letting it go a couple of years ago...I can understand the appeal of the bag for sure. Have you thought about colors you may want your evie to be in? :smile:

hi there! i am in paris at the moment and leaving tomorrow. i lived here 20 years ago for 3 years so there is a certain sentiment. anyhow the weather has been perfect during my stay and hoping that will be when you visit paris. during the day it hits 20 degrees C and parisiens are already in summer wardrobe. do carry a light jacket though the weather changes quick. shopping experience is pleasurable as such, but what i do when i am in town i love to inhale the fashion air, i do more of window / eye shopping than actual purchase. enjoy sitting at the cafe watch people go by, in the evening do oyster and wine on the terrasse, pop into any boutiques that makes you curious. parisiens are fun to speak to and they usually appreciate if you speak to them. mingle with people and air, go to museums, walk over the bridges (ponts), visit cathedrals and parks. parisiens are pulling the chairs out into the park and just sitting soaking up the sun over the weekend, totally a national sports baking in the sun! enjoy paris!

Your new things are wonderful - Bearn wallet is my fave H wallet. I fell in love with them ages ago, before I really knew what H was!

I was in Paris in January - definitely not the lovely weather that you will be enjoying! I really treasure my time in Paris - sooo much to do and see and I also love sitting in a cafe just watching Paris go by!!

Have a marvelous trip!!

hi there! i am in paris at the moment and leaving tomorrow. i lived here 20 years ago for 3 years so there is a certain sentiment. anyhow the weather has been perfect during my stay and hoping that will be when you visit paris. during the day it hits 20 degrees C and parisiens are already in summer wardrobe. do carry a light jacket though the weather changes quick. shopping experience is pleasurable as such, but what i do when i am in town i love to inhale the fashion air, i do more of window / eye shopping than actual purchase. enjoy sitting at the cafe watch people go by, in the evening do oyster and wine on the terrasse, pop into any boutiques that makes you curious. parisiens are fun to speak to and they usually appreciate if you speak to them. mingle with people and air, go to museums, walk over the bridges (ponts), visit cathedrals and parks. parisiens are pulling the chairs out into the park and just sitting soaking up the sun over the weekend, totally a national sports baking in the sun! enjoy paris!
You are making my eyes go misty and my mind go into a dreamy state reading your text, honhon! Sigh- this sounds heavenly to me! Can you tell me how safe (pickpockets, in particular) you've felt on this Paris trip? I've read that things have gotten better/safer over the years?

Reactions: Pmrbfay
Your new things are wonderful - Bearn wallet is my fave H wallet. I fell in love with them ages ago, before I really knew what H was!

I was in Paris in January - definitely not the lovely weather that you will be enjoying! I really treasure my time in Paris - sooo much to do and see and I also love sitting in a cafe just watching Paris go by!!

Have a marvelous trip!!
Thank you, dear Luvbolide! Work has been just unreal this year- unrelenting with lots of change- so this trip is so very much needed. I was originally crushed that a vacation to California was cancelled in January but somehow, I think this will make up for it.... :smile:

Reactions: Pmrbfay
Hi everyone! 9 days and counting until I board the plane for my first trip to Paris! In order to get in the spirit of the trip, here are 3 new arrivals designed to make the vacation more enjoyable: a bearn tri-fold wallet in blue atoll/gold HW, an Ulysse notebook in bleu electrique togo, and an Alfred messenger bag in black clemence! The bearn has great capacity (and I've always wanted a piece in blue atoll, a color I adore), the notebook will be good for mid-afternoon ruminations whilst at an outdoor coffee shop or cafe, and the Alfred...well, I was stunned (in a good way) at how compact it is! The capacity is great but it is "just enough". It'll fit perfectly under the seat in front of me on the plane and, as it is a messenger style, won't be unwieldy under my arm/body...and ofc, the clemence is just so soft and exquisite to the touch... My custom Divide and Conquer bag organizer is due to arrive Monday and that'll give the Alfred some helpful structure (and more storage pockets for me!). :smile::smile::smile::smile:
I am so excited for you, Hermezzy! Your goodies will be so useful on your trip and for daily use, too! They are simply perfect in color, size and style! Enjoy your trip to glorious Paris! Eat a macaroon for me while you write about your journey in that fabulous Ulysse notebook! Paris is a great place to relax and enjoy some people watching!

Thank you, my dear friend!! I feel pretty content about my bag collection at present, so unless something spectacular presents itself I'll mainly be looking for shoes, RTW, SLGs, and such...I get to avoid that queue and long line at FSH that way too hehe I'm making a list of things I wish to investigate at non-H stores as well, haha....I have a feeling that making decisions/choices is going to be very, very hard!
That sounds so exciting. The fact about the long line is turning me off but Paris is such a beautiful city with so many brands that you'll enjoy shopping with other brands too. Do keep us posted so I can live vicariously thru you.