Pre-owned Chanel corners at retail stores?

Roku

Subscriptions Rock
O.G.
Jan 16, 2011
I recently walked into a Club Monaco and noticed the glass case near the entrance where they are selling vintage Chanel pieces (the vintage maxi classic with the oversized CC's was $6,000 @.@)

I also recently noticed that Off Fifth (Saks' outlet) display vintage or pre-owned Hermes bags in glass cases. I heard many of these dept stores tried to also sell pre-owned Chanel until Chanel came at them and threatened to pull their cosmetics contracts and such (part of their battle against the secondary buy/sell market to keep customers in the store).

So I was wondering if anyone has ever seen other Chanel pre-owned on display other than Club Monaco? Please share.

(I do remember that one off random time someone posted a caviar flap they saw at Costco... that's totally random and hard to find, but any mention of major retail stores selling pre-owned Chanel greatly helpful in this thread!

I recently walked into a Club Monaco and noticed the glass case near the entrance where they are selling vintage Chanel pieces (the vintage maxi classic with the oversized CC's was $6,000 @.@)

I also recently noticed that Off Fifth (Saks' outlet) display vintage or pre-owned Hermes bags in glass cases. I heard many of these dept stores tried to also sell pre-owned Chanel until Chanel came at them and threatened to pull their cosmetics contracts and such (part of their battle against the secondary buy/sell market to keep customers in the store).

So I was wondering if anyone has ever seen other Chanel pre-owned on display other than Club Monaco? Please share.

(I do remember that one off random time someone posted a caviar flap they saw at Costco... that's totally random and hard to find, but any mention of major retail stores selling pre-owned Chanel greatly helpful in this thread!
I have seen pre-owned Chanel at Club Monaco in San Franciso.

I saw a good size display of vintage Chanel jewelry and bags while I was in Mpls last month. I was quite surprised as it was small but nicely stocked shoe store with misc clothing and jewelry items, but I sure wouldn't have thought to look there for Chanel. The Chanel items were very expensive. I'm assuming these stores are consigning the pieces which explains the high prices.