Pre-Order Experience

leechiyong

Sep 3, 2013
I placed my first pre-order ever and wanted to know if my experience is normal. Sorry for the long-winded post in advance.

I placed the pre-order for the item (F/W, no wait list) with a boutique in July and was charged. No timeline was given as to when it would arrive. It's a smaller, but well-known premier brand based in Europe; I'm in the US.

I see photos online in a boutique in Asia towards the end of that month. I follow-up, but am told there's no news. I email again as I see a popular fashion blogger with it during NYFW, but am told early October. I see other photos with people with it during MFW and it was available on farfetch (at a lower price) around this time as well.

I contacted them again, but still no word on when I'll receive it, but know releases to the US can be delayed. Is this normal for pre-orders or am I right to be frustrated?

Apr 16, 2008
New York City
I placed my first pre-order ever and wanted to know if my experience is normal. Sorry for the long-winded post in advance.

I placed the pre-order for the item (F/W, no wait list) with a boutique in July and was charged. No timeline was given as to when it would arrive. It's a smaller, but well-known premier brand based in Europe; I'm in the US.

I see photos online in a boutique in Asia towards the end of that month. I follow-up, but am told there's no news. I email again as I see a popular fashion blogger with it during NYFW, but am told early October. I see other photos with people with it during MFW and it was available on farfetch (at a lower price) around this time as well.

I contacted them again, but still no word on when I'll receive it, but know releases to the US can be delayed. Is this normal for pre-orders or am I right to be frustrated?

Do you happen to be referring to Luisaviaroma.com? I purchased a pre-order item recently from them. Its actually my first order. My item is suppose to ship by October 31st.

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Boston
I haven't pre-ordered from overseas; for NM/Saks items typically arrive at the pre-determined date on the site, but overseas I'm assuming it will take a bit longer. I would just keep contacting the store.

authenticplease

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
In My Own Little World
I have only preordered from NM/Saks/Nordies which I don't like doing as inevitably it pops up somewhere else sooner than my preorder is ready.....honestly, many times it is a guessing game:shrugs:

I know my Fendi SA first satisfies preorders by those that have paid completely up front. So you should definitely get your preorder once the store has them in hand.

leechiyong

Sep 3, 2013
I pre-ordered from a boutique of the line and paid in full at the time of order as soon as a picture was up.

I'm just frustrated right now because I was told the US was only getting one of each color, the blogger was photographed in New York last month with the color I ordered, but mine, that I ordered and paid for months ago, hasn't even been shipped to the US and there's no updates.

I contacted corporate as well. The boutique has been wonderful, but I know there's limitations on what they can control.

Last edited: