Pre-Order Experience

leechiyong

O.G.
Sep 3, 2013
I placed my first pre-order ever and wanted to know if my experience is normal. Sorry for the long-winded post in advance.

I placed the pre-order for the item (F/W, no wait list) with a boutique in July and was charged. No timeline was given as to when it would arrive. It's a smaller, but well-known premier brand based in Europe; I'm in the US.

I see photos online in a boutique in Asia towards the end of that month. I follow-up, but am told there's no news. I email again as I see a popular fashion blogger with it during NYFW, but am told early October. I see other photos with people with it during MFW and it was available on farfetch (at a lower price) around this time as well.

I contacted them again, but still no word on when I'll receive it, but know releases to the US can be delayed. Is this normal for pre-orders or am I right to be frustrated?

I placed my first pre-order ever and wanted to know if my experience is normal. Sorry for the long-winded post in advance.

I placed the pre-order for the item (F/W, no wait list) with a boutique in July and was charged. No timeline was given as to when it would arrive. It's a smaller, but well-known premier brand based in Europe; I'm in the US.

I see photos online in a boutique in Asia towards the end of that month. I follow-up, but am told there's no news. I email again as I see a popular fashion blogger with it during NYFW, but am told early October. I see other photos with people with it during MFW and it was available on farfetch (at a lower price) around this time as well.

I contacted them again, but still no word on when I'll receive it, but know releases to the US can be delayed. Is this normal for pre-orders or am I right to be frustrated?

Do you happen to be referring to Luisaviaroma.com? I purchased a pre-order item recently from them. Its actually my first order. My item is suppose to ship by October 31st.

I haven't pre-ordered from overseas; for NM/Saks items typically arrive at the pre-determined date on the site, but overseas I'm assuming it will take a bit longer. I would just keep contacting the store.

I have only preordered from NM/Saks/Nordies which I don't like doing as inevitably it pops up somewhere else sooner than my preorder is ready.....honestly, many times it is a guessing game:shrugs:

I know my Fendi SA first satisfies preorders by those that have paid completely up front. So you should definitely get your preorder once the store has them in hand.

I pre-ordered from a boutique of the line and paid in full at the time of order as soon as a picture was up.

I'm just frustrated right now because I was told the US was only getting one of each color, the blogger was photographed in New York last month with the color I ordered, but mine, that I ordered and paid for months ago, hasn't even been shipped to the US and there's no updates.

I contacted corporate as well. The boutique has been wonderful, but I know there's limitations on what they can control.

Last edited: