pre loved vintage hermes kelly

Hi ladies i found this Camel colour tadelact leather size 32 excellent condition for $8000. Do you think it is worth it?thanks for all your kind comments.

Attachments

• IMG_20140913_131235.jpg
    IMG_20140913_131235.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 732
Thanks for all the replies. I'm a newbie to this hermes world :biggrin: i don't know the normal price for vintage hermes. Its beautiful but i am affraid that the price is way over priced

You can google past sold price to get a general idea. But with Hermes, it's unlikely you will find sold items which has the exact spec like this one. Again, the question is "Is it worth it to you?" Good luck deciding!

Welcome to Hermes! Choosing and buying your first Hermes bag is exciting but can also be overwhelming with the plethora of choices (although not usually at the boutiques lol).

The question "is it worth it?" is very subjective though. What I may consider a fantastic deal may not appeal to others so perhaps what you can do as a start is look through the threads of Kellys here and see which colors you like, which size works for your lifestyle (32 is a great size for a first Kelly!) and determine how you'd like to use your Kelly (as a casual bag for daily use? something that can take you to evening? in which case a 28 might work better) what colors go best with your wardrobe, etc....

Once you have a good idea of what you are looking for and how this would fit your lifestyle, then you can research and see how similar bags have been sold on Ebay, for example.

If you're lucky there are some amazing deals to be found (I know someone who found a vintage black croc Kelly through a private seller that was in great condition for about $10,000) but that takes incredible luck and timing.

For what it's worth, I think the bag you posted is quite lovely and I like the contrast stitching. If it's in excellent condition, it's not a bad price.

But unless it's an amazing deal (like the croc Kelly example I gave) or a super RARE find, I think it may be quite difficult to get a general consensus on whether this bag "is worth it".

You have to decide whether it's worth it. For comparison, K32 in togo from H store is around $9500+tax and may have to wait for THE spec you want. Do you want to pay $8000 for a pre-loved bag given the retail price of the new one?

I learn to never settle for H goods. Too much money for something you know you don't really love. And other may disagree with me here but I don't buy bags (H or other brands) for "investment". It's too much hassle for me to sell them.

Good luck in deciding. And get it authenticated before you buy it if you can.

I agree, "worth it," is a very subjective thing. I know nothing about tadelakt leather, but my Chamonix Kelly is a similar color, also with contrast stitching, same size, retourne, from 1992. It's got some flaws but also came with a canvas strap in addition to the leather strap. I paid about $6K. I give this info just as a comparison. With pre-loved, there are often a LOT of variables. Was it worth it? Well, to me it was! :biggrin:

The only other thing I would say is that if you find a Kelly online that you want to buy, please get it authenticated, either here or through a paid service. There are a lot of fakes out there, and some of them are pretty good replicas, at least in photos.

I don't know if this is tadelakt. Mistikat and the experts will have a better idea. But on the leather itself, I researched about it not too long ago because I saw a Birkin ghillies came up in this leather. It scratches easily so I passed on the bag as I'm fussy about scratches, and apparently it doesn't blend into a patina like box does (don't have that either). So you need to know if this is the kind of leather you want assuming it's tadelakt or something with similar property.

As for pricing, pre-owned pieces are hard to compare. The same year, same leather and same style bags will be different in price depending on condition. Also, people are willing to pay more for color/leather/hardware they want especially if it's rare and doesn't come up often. You can try checking sold listing on ebay for prices.

Hi ladies i found this Camel colour tadelact leather size 32 excellent condition for $8000. Do you think it is worth it?thanks for all your kind comments.

Don't know who could have told you its Tadelakt. That is impossible.

It is Veau Chamonix in Natural I believe. Is it worth it?

Depends on:

1) do you love the color/size/shape?

2) the condition of the bag which you have to check carefully from pictures or in real life.