Pre-Loved Herbag: Alternatives to the "Cadena", etc

Cartyatid

Dec 28, 2012
I just purchased a pre-loved Herbag Backpack. It's my first H bag. Couple of questions:

- I was just wondering how one could securely tuck in the back pack straps if I want to use it mainly as a hand bag?

- What do you ladies use in place of a Cadena/padlock if not available??

- Do any of you use a fabric protector (ones used on upholstered furniture) like scotch to protect the canvas???

-Can I use blackrock on the leather??

Thanks a lot.

Cartyatid said:
I just purchased a pre-loved Herbag Backpack. It's my first H bag. Couple of questions:

- I was just wondering how one could securely tuck in the back pack straps if I want to use it mainly as a hand bag?

- What do you ladies use in place of a Cadena/padlock if not available??

- Do any of you use a fabric protector (ones used on upholstered furniture) like scotch to protect the canvas???

-Can I use blackrock on the leather??

Thanks a lot.

Hi. Congrats on your bag!

I had a regular Herbag and not the backpack but it was my understanding the backpack straps could be removed when the metal part was unscrewed.

Yes. You can use black rocks on the leather. It works great! I love that Herbag leather!! which color did you get?

I didn't use a fabric protector on the canvas and the canvas cleaned up well. But I didn't use it enough that I really got it dirty. So hopefully someone else can chime in here. I just used soap and water and then stuffed the bag with clean towels and put it upside down to dry in order to keep the shape. I have read that the magic eraser can also be used to clean up the canvas well, but had never tried it myself.

I just used the lock for show on the back of the bag and never needed it to lock the bag closed. I don't know why you couldn't use a Cadena for decoration on the back of the bag or on the clochette.

I know a lot if people complain that the Herbag is difficult to close and use, but I never found it to be an issue. And to be honest, I find my Kelly to be more difficult to close!! (But, shhhhh..... Don't tell my Kelly that! :smile:. )

Cheers!