Pre-loved Balenciaga in need of TLC - decisions?!

Hello everyone, thank you for your help in advance!

I bought this gorgeous Balenciaga (photos below) a few years ago for just £300 on a pre-loved retail site. It's in good condition but in real need of some TLC. I'm aware this bag used to be black and that it has faded into a dark green, but that's what I like about it and the worn look so that is not the issue.

The issue is the handles that have literally ripped open and are looking rather embarrassing, so I haven't worn this baby for a year and she does not deserve to be shut in a closet (right?!).

I can't decide what to do thought I would ask you ladies to help...
  • 1. Give it to the Balenciaga counter in London Selfridges where they will ship it off to Italy or wherever it goes to be repaired within 6 weeks and for £150. I already have a voucher here so would have to pay nothing! My only worry is that they say they don't guarantee the same colour and how would I know if the handles will come back in a different colour the rest of the bag?? You can't match a worn out bag? If you have experience with their own repair services please do share.
  • 2. Give it to this place (https://thehandbagspa.com/before-and-after) where they do a full restore and repair for £200. I would have to pay this out of my own pocket, but I don't think this bag needs a restore and I would definitely not want to dye it back to black just YET. Seeing bags in better shape on eBay for £400 makes me NOT want to dish out £200 for handle and piping repair. Thing is, I don't know if these guys would match the current colour either.
Or is there anything else you think that could be done to help it look more fresh, but without restoring the colour to black?

Any advice or thoughts would be great! :heart:

unnamed.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg unnamed-1.jpg

I would have the handles fixed, and have Bal dye it back to black.
It'll look like a new bag, and you won't have to worry about the color matching. But I don't like the green tint some older black Bals take on.

I don't know anything about the company in your link, but I know many here have had good results with Lovin My Bags. Maybe contact them and explain how you only want the handles fixed, and ask if they can match them to the current color of the bag?

I have a black part time that I purchased on eBay. Looked like the previous owner(s) had tied it to the back of their car and dragged it across the country. A cobbler was able to make it look new, but the handles were in such bad shape, it was hard for him to restore them so that they looked flawless. I purchased two twilly scarfs on Amazon and wrapped the handles. I love the look and the bag looks fabulous.