Pre-loved Alma PM: made in USA but lock says France?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies,

Very excited about my first LV, which I ordered from Fashionphile. I figured I couldn't be too careful and inspected it thoroughly, only to discover that although the bag itself says USA, the lock says "Made in France." The listing does not specify that the lock says this, and the listing includes no photo of the lock. What do you all think about this? Red flag?

Thanks so much!!

https://www.fashionphile.com/louis-vuitton-monogram-alma-pm-125038 ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467902137.976067.jpg

2. No, that's completely normal. There are only Made in France locks, no matter where the bag was made. Worth asking the question, though! :smile:

SakuraSakura and fabuleux like this.
  3. Agree, the locks are always made in France.

4. Thanks both so much!! :smile: always amazed at what a resource this forum can be.

5. Are you happy with it? I was thinking of buying from there a bag in good condition!