Pre-Fall Trunk Show Houston (Long Post)

Jan 10, 2006
Well, normally I just lurk around reading everyone else's posts, but I haven't seen any on this, so here goes.

Chanel Houston had their pre-fall trunk show today. I was able to see the striping on the reissues, and I think they are very classy and pretty. Very different. I was not prepared to like it, but I did. They had a small e/w black on black that looks like a clutch with black hardware (looks like dark dark gunmetal) which was gorgeous. It has a very tiny gunmetal chain that allows you to wear it on your shoulder or tucked into the bag if you want the clutch look.

They are showing reissues in the black, silver and dark silver. Dark silver is awesome. I fell in love with it. Truly a grey silver. It too has the striping. Didn't bother me a bit. It is not that noticeable. All had silver hardware.

I was a little nervous ordering all this metallic because I tend to want to stay very classic, but these were beautiful and so different. I returned my metallic navy and metallic red from S/S, but fell in love with these. My SA told me that he is hearing that the Chanel may keep the metallics as part of their permanent line in the classics.

Onto the classic flaps. They are in lambskin. I have read that this may be the distressed lambskin, but they did not call it that, just lambskin. It is very pretty. They had a sample of the dark red which they are calling "bordeaux". It is very pretty, but not the red red that some of you are wishing for. I like it and think it will be a great addition to any wardrobe. The purple lambskin is gorgeous! It is a rich eggplant color. I am not a purple lover, but that color had me thinking about buying one. There was not a sample of the grey, but she told me it was going to be a charcoal color and very rich looking. So I'm in on that one too!!!

They had sample of the black patent goatskin jumbo and it is crackled. It is very pretty. You can't really see the crackling until you get close-up. The SA from Corporate Chanel was the one giving me all the scoop, and when I asked about the GST coming out in this, she said yes. It would be for Fall, not Pre-Fall, and it is going to be in the quilted dark charcoal grey in the crackled patent goatskin and she said it is TDF!

There is a color that she was calling "plum", and she was describing it as being more mauve than eggplant. This may be the rose color that everyone is referring too. I think it might be coming out in the classic flaps, but I think I was getting over stimulated at this point :upsidedown:.

There were a couple of new styles. There is a new group that is a take on the expandable line with quilting that has braiding in it. I just don't know how to describe that line. I didn't focus on it too much. Sorry!

They had pics of the whole Pre-Fall line on a poster since they didn't have all of them on hand. I did see a pic of the Union Jack Flap (?) that everyone was talking about (the one with the British flag).

There is a new group that is a bag within a bag. It looks somewhat like the new cerf tote, but then there is what looks like another quilted bag coming out of the top. The one I saw was black distressed calfskin (loved that leather) with a quilted beige poking out the top. There was a gold shoulder chain or you could hold it with handheld straps. It seemed very odd to me.

There were more pieces, but I was broke by then! I didn't get into specific pricing, but I believe that the reissues are the same price as fall. Didn't ask about the lambskin since I was getting the gray and dark red no matter what!

I was told that the Fall trunk show will be in 1 month and the whole line, Pre-Fall and Fall will be presented.

Okay, guys! Hope I answered some of your questions. :smile:

Wow! Thanks so much for posting this! :flowers: That was certainly an very very informative mouthful!! :P I bet you were very overwhelmed with all that information (I know I would! LOL).

SF Chanel is going to have their trunk show some time next month (May 22nd I think). I hope they will get a lot of the samples!

I am definitely getting tempted by the lambskin classic flaps (*mmmmmmmm....laaaaaaaaammmmmmmbskiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn*)!

Thanks for posting!
I can't wait for everything haha.
this is sooo not good.

that purple sounds amazing :drool:

how do you like the union jack?
i've only seen one picture but I love it!

Onto the classic flaps. They are in lambskin. I have read that this may be the distressed lambskin, but they did not call it that, just lambskin. It is very pretty. They had a sample of the dark red which they are calling "bordeaux".

^^^That's music to my ears! I always kicked myself for not buying the bordeaux reissue a couple of years ago. Do the classic flaps have the traditional chains, with leather woven through? Also, any sightings of green?

Thank you very much for taking the time to post all of this. It was so sweet and helpful! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

ooo I cant wait, Im def getting red and the new patent gst sounds great! I heard also they were coming out with soft & chain again this fall with quilting on the bottom.