Pre fall 2014 Toxic Purple Dior

Hi Smudleybear!

I saw this color in person yesterday and fell in love. However, I am hesitant to get it in a LD as it will most likely be my only LD bag and I am totally a black bag gal. What do you think? Is it versatile enough or is black a better option?

Hi Smudleybear!

I saw this color in person yesterday and fell in love. However, I am hesitant to get it in a LD as it will most likely be my only LD bag and I am totally a black bag gal. What do you think? Is it versatile enough or is black a better option?
I have tried both in miss Dior and lady Dior medium and I must say its a stunning colour, but if ur a Dior collector then go for this colour but if ur buying just one and only lady Dior,I suggest black patent /blue de Minuit lambskin. I find that this toxic purple is a bit softer on the sides compare to other classic colour lady Dior.
And if u look clearly on the lambskin, it's like very wrinklely,like the colour on the lambskin breaking.
I hope u know what I mean, it takes an eye for detail to spot that. :smile:
That's y I'm thinking between the black patent medium lady Dior for occasional use.
Also I tried to pair this toxic purple with my daily outfits,it's hard.

Hehe....I tried your black and I think it's easier and nicer to pair with outfits

True, this color goes well with black and grey or white or beige even. But only the very neutral color clothing I think, otherwise I think it would be a bit much. I wasn't even in the market for black bags. But once I knew I wanted the new Miss Dior, I just got drawn to black. I personally prefer bright colors with super simple design (think Celine box or maybe even Chanel classic flap). The Dior cannage pattern has lots of details that I feel black provides a good balance to make everything more subtle. But if I were to buy a second Miss Dior, I'd like one in cobalt blue or red!

True, this color goes well with black and grey or white or beige even. But only the very neutral color clothing I think, otherwise I think it would be a bit much. I wasn't even in the market for black bags. But once I knew I wanted the new Miss Dior, I just got drawn to black. I personally prefer bright colors with super simple design (think Celine box or maybe even Chanel classic flap). The Dior cannage pattern has lots of details that I feel black provides a good balance to make everything more subtle. But if I were to buy a second Miss Dior, I'd like one in cobalt blue or red!
The black kinda shines out more with the champagne gold chain.