Pray !!!

Flyboy2

Apr 21, 2012
I have heard from a friend that the Rosemont outlet mall they are working on that should be opening later this summer (August) is going to have some very high end retails. She told me Prada and Gucci are two that will definitely be coming, but what she did say is hang on to your hat....... That there is talk that maybe just maybe Chanel would be opening it's second outlet for the midwest. This would be so exciting since the only one in the USA is located on the east coast. So let us Pray that maybe we might get a Chanel outlet!!!!!!!!!

The outlet in Woodbury closed a while ago. I highly doubt this one would open. That would screw up Chanel's plan to be exclusive like Hermes, justify the insane price increase, etc..

queenofchic said:
The outlet in Woodbury closed a while ago. I highly doubt this one would open. That would screw up Chanel's plan to be exclusive like Hermes, justify the insane price increase, etc..

Completely agree. No Chanel outlets at all, not that Woodbury ever had any good stuff anyway.

I also heard eventually classics will be boutique only. I bet after leasing agreements end, Chanel will pull out of retail stores too like Dior did at NM and is now barely offered at a few Saks stores. Chanel will do the same. Like Hermes... Just like you said.

I agree. If Chanel opens a new outlet, it may only sell costume jewelry, clothes and perhaps shoes. Selling handbags at lower prices might affect a lot their 'exclusivity'.

If chanel does decide to be exclusive like Dior or Hermes they really really need to step up there game then and start using better materials, From what I have seen on here a lot of people have been complaining that the bags are not the way they once where. But maybe that is true, Karl is almost 80 hopefully they will bring a younger more updated designer in who can take Chanel where they want to go. Just my 2 Cents. Anyway it will be great to at least have a Prada and Gucci outlet since we don't have either close by.