Pray For Me!

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
I need all your prayers to the gods of self-restraint and common sense. In around an hour I'm leaving my house to go to:

THE GRAND OPENING OF THE NEW AND ONLY NEIMAN MARCUS STORE IN OUR ENTIRE STATE!!

:wtf: SAVE ME FROM MYSELF!!!!:wtf:

Note to self: must find the quickest route through the store to the handbag department.:roflmfao:

Ooohhh !!!
pope.gif

I'll say a prayer for you if you'll pray for me on the 21st.
I love "may the purse be with you" hippiechic.:lol:

OMG- have a BLAST!!!!!:yahoo:

We are getting a Neiman Marcus at the mall in the next town from me too! It's supposed to open this month!!!! We are also getting Nordstroms in the same mall!!!~ this will be our only Nordstroms in the state! I can't wait!:yahoo:

Ladystara: it's the one in Charlotte.

My, my. NM has a nice store, lovely handbag mini-boutiques and a nice little racket going. Zacorey, need to be aware of this too (if you didn't know it up front):

The NM stores only accept three forms of payment: American Express, green cash AND NM cards. Now of course if you "just" happen to be one of those folks (like me) that neither has nor wants AE or NM cards and doesn't carry tons of cash, you are SOL. I had a $1500 handbag on the counter, ready to pay for it, handed my Visa debit card to the SA and she tells me this. I looked at her and said "you're joking, right?" Of course she's not joking, then the poor thing has to give me "the benefits of a NM card" speech (leaving out the 21% interest rate on their cards of course).

Needless to say I left the store empty handed. And from what I was told when I called the corporate office about this, I was far from the first one to call them today. I feel SO sorry for those poor SAs in that store! People are piling stuff on counters, whipping out Visa and Mastercards and getting the same speech I did. I couldn't care less about NM losing a sale, but I really feel for the SAs since they work on commission. My SA was so sweet. I thought she was going to cry (heck I wanted to cry for her-wasn't her fault!)There isn't another store in Charlotte so elitist (and sneaky). What really blew my mind was that I HAVE used my Visa on the NM website before, but the corporate folks said that the website and catalog products are run under a different company. How's THAT for confusing?

So any of you guys getting a NM in your area soon consider yourself forewarned. I totally refuse to apply for a NM card just on the principle of boycotting this little game. There's plenty of other stores in Charlotte that will happily take my Visa.

Yep, gotta stick to shopping at Target.:shrugs:

Overlooking that, it sure was fun fondling IRL all these bags I read about here.;)

Just a little add on: this also means you can't even use your Visa debit cards there if you want to pay "cash" that way. You'd literally (in my case for example) have to have $1500 in CASH in your wallet! Unreal. :yucky:

The first time I went into a N-M and tried to purchase something with cash, they acted like it was such a chore to make change.

I'm in NC, too, and thinking about getting up to Charlotte to explore that mall.

^^This happened to me the first time I went to NM too, I was like what store DOESN'T take Visa?? Sorry about your frustration! I think I ended up writing a check, but I don't know if NM even takes checks anymore.

As far as cash goes, w/o a NM card, AE - you can pay via check! So that is another option instead of using the green stuff!!! Happy Shopping!! I was just a NM at lunch and debating which purse to buy next ...oh decisions decisions!!!!

As far as cash goes, w/o a NM card, AE - you can pay via check!

I don't carry (or even use) checks anymore so needless to say, that wasn't an option either.

Besides, it really boils down the to principle of them ramming their silly cards down your throats like that. I imagine there are plenty of women that were salivating at the idea of taking home some of those bags and signed right up, but not me. I refuse to be blackmailed that way. :biguns: