Pray for Einey

^^ Einey's doctor was ready with a longer plate made exactly like the one in his leg. He ordered it as soon as he used the shorter one on him. But he doesn't stock the cement as it is expensive and expires.

We don't mind waiting a few days now that he's home with us.

He woke up feeling good! He's hopping around like a little rabbit, and eating/drinking/begging as he normally does. Only thing he isn't doing is running, but that's OK. We are thinking that he is feeling up to resuming our 4th of July trip to the beach, so we may do that later today and return Sunday. I'll try to check in from there if we do take off.

Don't know how I missed your thread! I'm late here, but praying for a good result for Einey's surgery. He sounds like a little ball of fun and love. How lucky he is to have such loving family to care for him!

Saturday's update:

Did I mention yet that we are scheduled for surgery Tuesday morning? I found out yesterday from the doctor. My connection is slow so it's hard for me to check.

We're at the beach, just a one hour trip from home, at our condo. This is the trip we were leaving on when Einey decided to make his jump. He is doing very well! He is bandaged up with a splint and takes a squirt of painkiller each morning. He really is doing great except that the splint gets in his way sometimes. He slept well last night. No walking on the beach for him though. He is chillin with Taylor who is watching DVDs because it is in the 60's here (so much for hot July weather!). But that's Seaside. It has it's own little climate.

I feel very blessed to have so many caring people here on this forum. I know it's your collective prayers, zens, thoughts and energies that are making Einey so comfortable right now! HUGS!!

Lisa ~ so glad to hear that Einey is doing well while waiting for surgery. Good luck to him on Tuesday. Do post another picture of him for us! As Shoes said above "Pets [do] add a lot to our lives . . . [and] he is very lucky[y] to have you also!"

I'll find my camera and get up a photo of him with his baseball bat leg before his surgery tomorrow morning. He's been licking the bandage wrap lately. Can't imagine it tastes that good. But then again, he plays with his poop. He's a funny boy!