Prada's New Leather vs Pleather Lining Mystery

Yep. I was told by SAs in two different stores (NM and Jeffrey) that the spring Vitello Shine bags had leather lining.

Whether using leather for accessories is right or wrong is a valid debate, but it doesn't have anything to do with this topic.

I still stand by what I said in my first post: the FW '08 and SS '09 linings were leather. Among other things, they aren't pink like the FW '09 pleather linings. The older linings are beige colored. I compared these linings side by side and there IS a difference. It was my opinion that there is a difference in the two types of linings and that being one is leather and one isn't.

At any rate, I'm mostly tired of this whole thread. The bottom line is no one really knows what any of those leather or pleather linings are, or which bags have what, or if any are really leather or if they are all pleather. It's all speculation and varying opinions. The only thing we do know for sure is that the FW '09 Vitello Shine bags are lined in pleather.

Until such time as Miuccia Prada herself logs into tPF and tells us straight out, no one is ever going to know for sure.

^^^ Absolutely, if you lived closer I'd buy you a couple drinks and we could cut a piece out of one of my fairy bags and send it off to be analyzed.

Enough said, thread needs to be closed as I see there's been a lot of hits--probably to read the drama and that's not kewl.

Wow- thanks so much for the info Prada Psycho. We are all so lucky to have such a great teacher! I have a bag with the 'pleather' and as much as I don't like that, the price point was right. The beauty of the exterior leather (VT shine) will make up for it.
It is sneaky that Prada doesn't make it clear as to what you are getting.
I won't love her any less.
Thanks again for the detailed report!
Pursegrl - if you'restill around, I'd love an update on how the pleather worked out. TIA