Prada wallet quality?

hey guys anyone know whether the prada saffiano bow continental wallet goes on sale? i dont want to buy it full price and then it goes on sale....
I don't think they do.. Was talking about this with my SA and last season only 4 bags and a couple of wallets were on sale. My store doesn't get many pieces of each item in, often I've brought the last of something - so I think if it's there you should grab it!

I saw someone post about the bow continental wallets on sale in another thread. You might want to look it up. But surely those wallets would sold out fast esp at the sale price because they are so lovely!!

Wanted to answer to the OP:

I have, and still am using my saffiano wallet that I got 10 years ago. I paid £170-ish (back in the day, huh?), and it has been used and battered to death. I've had water spillage in my work bag one time causing the whole leather to swell up but it recovered. It has been to toilets, fell on the ground, fell on the beach, thrown around by my toddler (obviously younger than the wallet itself!), and it's still intact.

It has its 'war wounds' of course, after all these years. The sides have greyed and worn terribly but I think that's the beauty of buying designer/high quality goods. I'm always tempted to get a new one but this one has a sentimental value (present for myself with first paycheck) and hey, if it's still serving its purpose, why stop? But that might be just me.

Anyway, the bottomline is, I think it's a good quality stuff and *should* be used to death. I probably 'babied' it during the first year of owning it but after a while...gaahh...there's more to life than to mollycoddle a designer item.

Good luck if you're purchasing one!

I know I wonder this too, having just brought a Prada Saffiano Wallet in Turchese (Turquoise) and the last one in the store - now I am babying it - even have it in a LV dustbag in my handbag !!!
Crazy I know - I just don't want to scuff up the edges.

It is OK when I use it in my Saffiano double zip bag as it is a great fit -
but in my LV Speedy 25 I worry the edges might get damaged getting it in and out as the opening is narrow so I slip it in a LV dust bag when using my Speedy.
Not sure how long I will put up with that though, it is a bit of a pain !!

I still baby some of my handbags but it's very exhausting. I grew up watching my dad wrap his Gucci wallet in handkerchief (he still does to this day, and I'm 34!) it LOOKS ridiculous. I think maybe that's why somewhere inside me I say no, don't do that.

Anyway, I digress.

I still baby some of my handbags but it's very exhausting. I grew up watching my dad wrap his Gucci wallet in handkerchief (he still does to this day, and I'm 34!) it LOOKS ridiculous. I think maybe that's why somewhere inside me I say no, don't do that.

Anyway, I digress.

I agree, which is why I be sneaky putting it back in my LV bag - at least with the Prada bag with the big opening I have no worries !

hi guys, i'm new to the forum but was wondering if anyone knows if this style of saffiano wallet is still sold (i know this is probably a fake version but would love to buy the real thing)

i think it's similar to the document holder (1m1316) but a smaller version. I went to the prada store and they didn't have it and called the two other prada stores in the area (i live in the LA area).

thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-15 at 3.54.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-15 at 3.54.05 PM.png
    214 KB · Views: 1,129
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-15 at 3.55.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-15 at 3.55.24 PM.png
    239.5 KB · Views: 1,088
hi guys, i'm new to the forum but was wondering if anyone knows if this style of saffiano wallet is still sold (i know this is probably a fake version but would love to buy the real thing)

i think it's similar to the document holder (1m1316) but a smaller version. I went to the prada store and they didn't have it and called the two other prada stores in the area (i live in the LA area).

thanks for the help!

They might be sold out. I just bought this wallet with colorblock interior on Friday. They only had the turquoise in stock at Valley Fair in San Jose.

thanks for the help!

Prada in Saks Boca Raton Fl had it last time I was there.