Prada virgin ~Messenger: need help deciding

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello all,
    Posting here, I know you're all Prada fans, but I hope you can offer some insight into some other bags as well. i'll also post in the other respective forums.

I want (need) a messenger bag for travelling, so it needs to hold my wallet, sunglasses, tickets, camera and maps, and ideally, be a little water resistant as I'll be in Ireland a lot, where there's a constant drizzle. I have a Mulberry Antony messenger, but it is a little small and will show every water mark. I originally thought I'd go with a Burberry Haymarket, but am having trouble finding one in Toronto. I thought Burberry because it is coated canvas (or is it PVC), but then it occured to me the LV Odeon might be a good choice too (the Salsa is discontinued). When speaking to my SA, she also mentioned that Prada has nice nylon messengers. I don't baby my bags and they get USED!

I was reading here on the Purse Forum that Burberrys often get stained with dark denim jeans. How do you find the Pradas (or any of the others) wear? One thing I don't like is a bag that looks super stuffed ( a very flat bag with too much in it)

Do you have a favourite messenger bag?
    Thanks..i'm so excited about researching and buying a beautiful bag!

2. i think a nylon messenger is great for traveling. the prada messengers are EXTREMELY durable.

3. Don't have a modeling pic handy, but I love this one:

[​IMG]

It's from a few seasons ago, but NM and Saks carry this one now that I reeeally want in black.

[​IMG]

4. Thanks, lvuittonaddict..that's a great testimonial from a lvuittonaddict!

Oooh Prada Psycho! I LOVE both of those! We don't have those stores here, but hopefully our version will carry them.. I can't wait to have a look.

5. Raffaello Network ships all over the world, I believe. That's where the second photo came from.

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/detail.php?itemid=136044&rangeid=61

6. Here's some for you...It's an old pic but I still have this..and it still looks like new...

Attached Files:

7. #7 Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    Thank you for posting your pictures, Emmy. that's a gorgeous bag too!
    ....so many choices!

Thank you for the link, Prada Psycho. What a fabulous store!