Prada Tessuto Gaufre Satchel vs Bally Hobo

monicas

Jan 4, 2013
Hi,
I would like to get a satchel bag and I need help deciding since I really can't make up my mind. I want to get a bag that I can carry with me 3-4 days a week while commuting to work on a train and that does not require too much care if put on a floor or caught in occasional rain or snow.
I narrowed it down between the Prada Tessuto Gaufre Satchel and the Bally one here:
http://www.bally.com/item/store/BALLY/tskay/BCAD6A87/rr/1/cod10/45185206VB/areaid//sts/
Which one do you think would be a better choice between the two of them?
Monica

Hi,
I would like to get a satchel bag and I need help deciding since I really can't make up my mind. I want to get a bag that I can carry with me 3-4 days a week while commuting to work on a train and that does not require too much care if put on a floor or caught in occasional rain or snow.
I narrowed it down between the Prada Tessuto Gaufre Satchel and the Bally one here:
http://www.bally.com/item/store/BALLY/tskay/BCAD6A87/rr/1/cod10/45185206VB/areaid//sts/
Which one do you think would be a better choice between the two of them?
Monica
I can't offer a suggestion between these two, as I care for neither - but I can say: PLEASE - if you're going to spend this much money, do NOT put your bag on the floor. Invest in a purse hanger - check out this thread for ideas (and I am a confirmed Clipa-lover, FYI): http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/are-purse-hooks-weird-550168.html

I can't offer a suggestion either but if I were you I wouldn't choose a beige bag....especially if you want to carry it everyday....or put it on the floor.
Go for something darker....;)

I'd prefer the Prada and I agree a dark color - black or dark brown - would be better. And the thought of putting a bag like this on the floor makes me cringe. If you're thinking of the floor of the public transit, please don't! If you're thinking of the carpet in your conference room, maybe not so terrible (but I'd still try not to).

All your feedback makes sense and these are valid points. So hard to decide.... Prada is something you see a lot here, but Bally almost never. I think going for a dark color makes sense. Now I really have to make up my mind which one to get as both come in black and I like both designs. I was hoping Prada was easier to maintain since it is not leather. So hard to decide...

The Bally is super sharp and very elegant. However, I believe that this colorization and material may become soiled more easily.

The Prada Tessuto Gaufre Satchel is made with their exclusive nearly indestructible nylon, so it would be much easier to keep pristine.

I have the Prada Gaufre Tessuto in black with gold hardware. It is gorgeous, distinct, versatile (use as hand carry or on the shoulder) and very low maintenance. You can use it rain or shine. You can also dress it up or down. You could place it on the floor without fear of damaging it but personally, I would not do this. For me, I'd choose the Prada. :smile:

I like both brands but would get the BALLY. I've seen this bag in the BALLY Boutique and its Gorgeous and pretty light weight...issue for me. The leather is divine and high quality.

I LOVE BALLY quality. I've owned several quilted Bally bags and just bought a beautiful pair of BALLY boots a few weeks ago. I think BALLY is an under appreciated brand...maybe because they're not readily available so not everyone has one. :cool: