Prada Tessuto and Calf satchel: Is this bag worth hunting down as a rainy-day bag?

bagatella

Jul 28, 2007
I have been intrigued by this bag to have as a rainy day bag...Does anyone have it? Do you like it? I like the fact that it has a strap.

I know they went on sale at NM, but I do not have a link to illustrate the bag I am talking about, so here is a link from a completed eBay auction (I can't just paste the pics, as they are Auctiva-protected):

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-PRADA-TESSUTO-SOFT-CALF-EAST-WEST-TOTE-SMALL-TOTE_W0QQitemZ200303451897QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item200303451897&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Where can I find this? Must I stalk eBay?:P

I have the same bag in both red and black. :graucho:

Unfortunately, they are very small for my needs! I don't know if you carry lots of stuff in your purse but I do find the small opening somewhat hard to use if you're prone to stuffing your purse like me.

Also, bear in mind that the shoulder strap is pretty short if you plan to wear it cross body, messenger style. ;)

Well, thank you, NM, for your super fast shipping! I got this today, but I am disappointed...it is a bit too small for me...I'm not sure it fits into my collection...

I'll post pics in a bit!

Pics: I am 5'5" and not thin... And linpaddy, you were right; the strap is not long enough to be worn crossbody. I'm also peeved because it did not come in a Prada dustbag, although it did have the cards...

229715871_o.jpg

229716028_o.jpg

Tod's has some great cross body options in their Pashmy nylon series. There's the messenger and the Luna. They're both an additional 30% off this president's weekend in limited colors at the 2 Tod's outlet store in Cabazon CA and Woodbury NY. I just did a charge send on one. The Prada is more elegant though.

I got this one but in grey:
http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=11519334

On Renee Z:
attachment.php

Attachments

• renee_zellweger.jpg
    renee_zellweger.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Bagatella...sorry to hear your new bag was not the size you expected. It does look small, though. Beautiful but small.

Off-topic: adoptastray, i like the bag on Renee... It looks so functional and great for taking to outings, amusement parks, and out on rainy days. Is this the same as the one you got?

Off-topic: adoptastray, i like the bag on Renee... It looks so functional and great for taking to outings, amusement parks, and out on rainy days. Is this the same as the one you got?

Yes, but in grey for $270 (they retail close to $900 which I can't bring myself to pay for a nylon bag). I think Prada and Tod's do the nicest nylon bags. Prada's are more ladylike and Tod's are more sporty. Both are made in Italy and nicely so.

I have this Prada Tessuto. I love it and carry it when I dont have to take much along. I was dissapointed with the size too but I have used it so many times it was worth it in the end:smile:

Pics: I am 5'5" and not thin... And linpaddy, you were right; the strap is not long enough to be worn crossbody. I'm also peeved because it did not come in a Prada dustbag, although it did have the cards...

Ahh.....that's the size I bought...at full-price too. :wtf:

I am planning to gift my sister away with mine since my little sister is fond of smaller purses.

I do wish that I bought the larger size but I've never seen it.

I would not keep it if you're not in love with it. I really like the Tods's nylon purse. It's so much more practical and equally attractive! :graucho: