prada - singapore, australia, US website

Hi, i will be travelling to singapore christmas eve and staying for a few days. does anybody know when the christmas sales start in singapore. i really want another miu-miu bag and maybe some prada,

bump.

are the prices in SG cheaper than in Aust even AFTER the tax refund? I'd be going out of Aussie in two months' time and I thought I'd buy the bags before I leave in order to get a tax refund.. but if the prices in SG are cheaper then I should just go to SG and get them there .. ;D
Help help.. TIA !

I hear rumors from the banking sector that the SG government will be strengthening the SG dollar against major currencies (especially against pounds sterling, and yes AUD is one of the currencies) soon. I don't know if it will be done before your trip! Exact date will not be disclosed but my hunch is within 1 month and perhaps during the great singapore sale where overseas consumer spending peaks.

I think there is a minimum expenditure required to qualify for a tax refund. I don't know the current amount.

Prada and Miu Miu is pretty ok-priced here (especially with the 10% VIP discount :graucho::graucho::graucho:), unlike Chanel and Balenciaga. However, if you have the chance you can try Hong Kong or Taipei (my personal fav and the cheapest in Asia) as they have a much more extensive collection in the stores as compared to the SG ones.

I know this is an old thread but can anyone confirm for me about Prada and Miumiu giving 10% disvount to vip customers? I am intrigued.. how does 1 qualify as vip. Thanks!