Prada shoulder bag BT0979 - pics

Ebby

Aug 30, 2010
Hey TPF'ers, I hope you can help me.
I've spotted the Prada shoulder bag (think it's a hobo bag design) on the Prada website and I'my interested in purchasing in either black or ink blue. It's calf leather rather than Saffiano leather, does anyone have experience of this bag and any pics? Would really appreciate some guidance and advice as this would be my first Prada purchase. :smile:

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

Ebby

Aug 30, 2010
Sorry about that - I've added pictures of the ink blue and black variants :smile: ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411231425.974050.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411231440.370129.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
Margaritaville
That is an incredibly cheap strap on that bag. I wouldn't spend that kind of money for a bag with such a flimsy strap. The deerskin/daino leather is great, but not if the bag isn't well made.

Now THIS is a well made Prada shoulder bag with a substantial strap.

It's on Saks website now:

Prada Daino Large Hobo Bag

Attachments

Last edited:

Ebby

Aug 30, 2010
Thanks for the advice, do you think the strap looks so cheap and flimsy? I thought it was substantial enough for the bag, thanks for the advice as I hadn't considered that.

sea_phoenix

Jul 24, 2008
I have the daino mini hobo in blue (a much smaller bag than the one you posted, but the same leather and if not the same color, close enough). I've used it as an everyday bag since last Dec and it has an even flimsier strap but I don't put a lot in it (just my wallet, phone, and keys). The leather still looks and feels beautiful though a couple stitches on the bag itself have come undone - just a minor annoyance to look at and nothing that changes my use of the bag, but I'd suggest inspecting your bag carefully before or upon purchasing it.

Sep 30, 2014
Loving PP's choice. I was considering that bag for a very very long time when someone commented on it looking like a diaper bag :hrmm: can't deny that really put me off. I wanted a bag for morning noon and night and don't want people assuming I'm bringing nappies to dinner!