Prada Saffiano tote quality

I used mine for 2 years n have no issue at all.....I think u need to check with the store asap

Hi, I am so glad to hear yours is fine after 2 years with no issues! May I know if you used it as an everyday bag? I want to get this purse as an everyday bag in Cameo as well but am hesitant after seeing this thread any many others regarding prada's quality. Thanks in advance!

I came to this thread because I noticed that the stitching on my handles is very poorly done. some parts it bulges out or looks like doubled stitched at random spots along the handles. no peeling yet but the stitching is poorly done. little tag inside the pocket says Made in Italy.
it is the BN1874 in cammeo.
I would definitely return that bag or see if they can fix it for you.
I just bought my BN 1801 in Cameo 2 weeks ago. I've been wearing it every day to work with work clothes and also on the weekends with jeans since. I took it to a Mets ballgame Sunday and got mustard on it and it wiped off clean. This is my first Prada, had I read this forum prior I probably would not have bought it. My last 2 bags I've bought were a Chanel Coco pleated flap and a Diorissimo and I've found that this little Prada is comparable with quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 2,893
I have been a loyal customer of Prada since 1996 ! I love their bags but unfortunately i have noticed a very visible decline in the quality of their bags in recent years. I have brought up this issue to the SAs and managers of the few stores i buy my bags from . Last year, i bought a Saffiano leather wallet and didnt notice the stitchings were very uneven until i started using it a few days later. After a week, I finally brought it back to the store to ask for an exchange ! The manager was very apologetic and an exchange was done without much fuss.
Moral of the story : Check your goods before you pay for them. Even if they are from Prada !:biggrin:

My saffiano's leather is fine - however i have noticed the clasp of the detachable long strap which is coated gold has started to peel so i'm not happy either with my Prada :sad: Don't think i will be buying from the brand again

I am so sorry to hear that! If you don't mind me asking, do you use it very often, or do you live in an area with a lot of humidity by any chance? I've heard that sometimes does it to handbags ): I hope you still have the warranty so they can take care of it!

Does anyone find the workmanship on these bags really bad? I manage to snag a cornflower blue 2274 in Paris and when I got home, I realized that it took me quite some effort to close the side button on one side. I have no problem with the other side.

And the leather in the front, it just wasn't flat! It's like the craftsman misjudge the amount of leather required and he just sewed all the pieces together. Looking a one photos, I see some bags that have perfectly flat fronts and some have 'bunching' fronts.

Is this normal?

I am going to return my less than 24 hour old bag today. The P on the Prada symbol is not aligned, there was scratches on the hardware already and there were very small missing parts of leather around the base. So frustrated.

was going to presale a lux tote at saks but this thread has deterred me. the sale would have been a charge send so there would be no chance to examine before purchase. thank you for sharing your experiences.