Prada Saffiano Tote or Dolce & Gabbana Miss Sicily??

79Sephora

Jan 26, 2013
So I'm trying to decide between a black Prada Saffiano tote (medium or small size) or a Dolce & Gabbana Miss Sicily black handbag (likely also medium). Which one do you think is better? They are roughly the same price.

I want this bag to be an every day bag...every day for me also means that it's a work bag and also means I'd like it to be somewhat day to night versatile for nights out after work!

Please weigh in :smile:

I believe there is a Dolce & Gabbana store set to open in Toronto at some point so until then I can't really check this bag out in person so if anyone has it and can share pictures or a review, that would be awesome! Thanks.

001_56f509e3-b427-4ad2-b3f1-c0072f6309fc.JPG

And there is a slightly different version of this on Net-a-porter:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/349756

And here is the Prada...

NMV1DBU_mx.jpg

NMV1DBU_ax2.jpg

I've been eyeing the Prada tote as well, but don't have it so can't comment on it.

I do have the Miss Sicily in red and it's one of my favorite and most practical bags. I love the versatility -- I can carry it in hand, on the shoulder or cross-body, so in that way it can transition from formal to casual. I find it to be quite spacious -- it easily accommodates the same amount as my LV Speedy 30 or my Chanel GST. I also like that it has many pockets inside and the zippered exterior pocket in the back (you can't see it in the photo you posted, not all models have it, so you'll have to check).

Good luck deciding!

I think it's a very hard toss up but the fact that you said you want it for work too makes me say to go with the Prada double zip. I am not a partition person but I find that the double zip truly helps keep everything easily in its spot and divide between what you might want to keep hidden, i.e., wallet, iPad, eBook etc. I feel that this style is truly the best of both worlds. Both bags are lovely but for work, Prada would be the one.

I think the D&G one is prettier and I love that it doesn't have a huge visible logo. I also think it seems like a better bag for nights out (whereas the Prada one looks like a work bag).

I just bought the Miss Sicily today! Beautiful timeless piece.
I also love the Prada Saffiano, which is more structured than Miss Sicily, so may be more durable for every day use.

The Prada!! Unless you want to be in for some serious frustration! I had a Miss Sicily and the flap would CONSTANTLY de-magnetize from the closure if I had one too many items in the bag (it would then cause the bag to hang weird and when I'd finally notice the flap opened I'd have to stop and make sure nothing fell out!). It was a hassle!!

Reactions: celine666666