Prada saffiano BN1786 argilla vs saffiano BN2274 marmo grey (pictures)

Dec 4, 2012
I have been wanting the saffiano in marmo grey for some time. Mostly because of the silver hardware :love:

I went to London last week and began my hunt for this bag. I went to every Prada store and asked if they had the BN1786 in marmo. They only had that bag with the pocket outside or a two toned grey bag in the colour marmo.
NMV1QMD_mt.jpg

CAM00443.jpg

CAM00444.jpg

CAM00445.jpg

CAM00446.jpg
CAM00444.jpg
CAM00445.jpg
CAM00453.jpg

Attachments

• CAM00451.jpg
    CAM00451.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 5,581
  • CAM00452.jpg
    CAM00452.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 4,093
I have been wanting the saffiano in marmo grey for some time. Mostly because of the silver hardware :love:

I went to London last week and began my hunt for this bag. I went to every Prada store and asked if they had the BN1786 in marmo. They only had that bag with the pocket outside or a two toned grey bag in the colour marmo.
View attachment 2433103

View attachment 2433121

View attachment 2433122

View attachment 2433123

View attachment 2433124
View attachment 2433122
View attachment 2433123
View attachment 2433127

i have the argilla and i love it it goes with everything :biggrin:

I love the marmo.. the silver hardware makes it stands even more.. I saw it in my local btq 3 months ago, I was about to buy it but they didn't have bn2274 or bn1801. So I went home with tamaris. Now I regreted it :sad: Pick the marmo it is very lovely gray! ( I owned a pomice gray once and saw argilla in person too ).

I'm head over heel with my argilla but marmo gray is so classy and understated. Love it too! Silver hardware is a big plus. You re lucky to have both colors 😊😊😀

I have the 2-tone marmo/argilla and I love it. If I didn't have it, I would definitely have gone for the marmo with SHW. It's classy and will go with just about anything. A beauty!

View attachment 2433103

View attachment 2433121

View attachment 2433122

View attachment 2433123

View attachment 2433124
View attachment 2433122
View attachment 2433123
View attachment 2433127
Does either bag get dirty or get denim transfer easy? The mamo, is that a dark clay grey??? Pretty bags..thank you!

Does either bag get dirty or get denim transfer easy? The mamo, is that a dark clay grey??? Pretty bags..thank you!

I have not used the bags yet so I don't know if they get denim transfer easy :/ I think marmo is a much darker grey. It's a much cooler grey than argilla which I think is a warmer grey. I don't think marmo is a clay shade. Maybe grey with som blue undertones. But i'm no color expert :lol:

Hi, I'm new here..thank you so much for the pictures! However, I'm so confused...what exactly is "argilla?" I went to Bloomingdale's today and was deciding between Pumice and Marmo (with silver hardware)...in the BN1874 (smaller saffiano tote). Now, on the Prada website, I see only "clay gray" and "light gray." Which is argilla? Is argilla Cameo? I'm so confused, because the colors apparently have Italian names and then English names. Which are the two in the picture--I know they're argilla and marmo, but what is argilla called on the Prada website, and is marmo Clay gray?

I'm torn between marmo with silver hardware and pumice (light gray, gold hardware). I LOVE marmo but I'm afraid it's too much of a fall/winter bag. The sales lady said that pumice is much more all-season. But then I keep hearing about "cameo" online. Is cameo argilla? Why can't Prada come up with a single color naming system! Thanks for any help you can provide!

I really love marmo w/ silver but I'm afraid I'll be too limited to 2 seasons. But pumice (light gray) seems so light, almost plain! And I love the silver hardware. Thanks!

Last edited:
I love the marmo.. the silver hardware makes it stands even more.. I saw it in my local btq 3 months ago, I was about to buy it but they didn't have bn2274 or bn1801. So I went home with tamaris. Now I regreted it :sad: Pick the marmo it is very lovely gray! ( I owned a pomice gray once and saw argilla in person too ).

oh no, I'm sorry to hear you regret the purchase :[ that's the worst.

I am liking the marmo :smile: I like the SHW with the color.

I love it, too, but do you think it's too limiting, season-wise? It's not really a spring/summer bag (and I like to use mine year-round when possible)...

Very good question! Personally, I think that since it is neutral, it can be for any season. It's not black so it won't be too severe. And, even black can be for any season, I think- since it is neutral again - though this color might prove too severe for some during spring/summer (but I do not find that to be the case for myself). That's actually the beauty of getting a bag in a more neutral color.

Anybody else can chime in with their own views as well. :biggrin: