Prada Repair..should I be concerned?

lolas

O.G.
Dec 11, 2008
This is for anyone that has had to deal with a simple repair. I took my all time favorite work horse, BN1346 into Prada Space in Orlando, for a simple strap repair.

I had gone in previously to inquire if I could just send in the webbed strap, to which I was told the whole bag had to be sent in.:shrugs: I was quoted anything from $53-$140 in the event the strap had to be completely replaced. Puuuleeeze.

The metal clip part that attaches to the d-ring had come apart from the metal part that is sewn into the web. The part is a small screw. THAT is it. A simple screw. Anyway, my favorite part of this bag is the strap so I agreed. I was also quoted 4-8 wks. Since this was a few days into Dec, I figured 8 wks sounded reasonably due to the holidays.

Well Its been 11 wks. No bag. I called them 3 wks ago,and it took 3 calls,and 2 messages(never returned btw) in a period of a wk to finally get someone to look into it after I told them I was on my way there! After 5 minutes on hold, this SA told me the bags wasn't there, & that they would call when it arrived. No explanation for the excess time,nothing. He couldnt wait to get off the phone,and was very dismissive. I'm seriously starting to wonder where the heck is my bag?? Is this the norm??
Anyone??

I have no idea what a BN1346 looks like so I am not sure what the hardware looks like. If it is an uncommon piece they may be having trouble trying to get an exact match. I have a tessuto that lost the hardware that secures the leather strap between the metal plates holding it. i couldn't find a comparable match at the hardware store. We finally got a stand alone Prada boutique so I stopped in and asked them. They said they send it to New York and that it could take 10 weeks.
When I took a LV in to have a strap repaired it took forever to get it back, probably because they returned it to a different LV store here. it was a total mix up. Maybe something like that has happened here. They should at the very least be able to tell you if the bag is still at the repair place or not. That is inexcusable.

It is,isnt it? The hardware is very common,& current in many of the new bags. I have the same hook on my other bags, which is why I cant understand the delay.
The metal nob Im touching here is exactly like the one that fell out,its a screw that holds the 2 pieces together.

Attachments

• pradas.jpeg
    pradas.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 568
I would be finding out who the district manager is and demanding an answer. I had heard that Prada CS sucked but this is ridiculous. Do you have the receipt/contract from when they accepted the bag? If there is a clause for loss I would pursue it.
This is mine

photobucket-28340-1361833359455_zps1198895f.jpg

photobucket-34444-1361833850392_zps3284ccdf.jpg

It is on the short handle. I always carry it with the long strap but I use the handles to pick it up.

Oh yes,I made sure to hold on to it. It doesnt state much other than what they received,date & the estimated cost to repair,or replace. Im kicking myself because in order to spare myself a visit to the mall during the holidays, I opted to go to this Prada Space which was equally crowded but so much convenient for since my husband passes by it everyday. I figured he could've picked it up for me.

I should have just gone to Neimans:sad: Im dreading they lost my bag in the craziness of the holidays. Im done calling for answers, Im hoping to go in person before thursday.

Do you mind me asking what they charged you for repairing the missing stud?
I find my quote ridiculous for the screw,now if they replace the strap I suppose its fair enough. Cant see why they would replace the whole thing though,it was in perfect except for the missing screw.

It was around the same price points as yours IIRC. I didn't have the bag with me at the time. That is what my bag looks like now with the missing stud and what it is supposed to look like. Of course it is on the front side. I may just see if I can switch out one of the back ones to the front and then just get something generic for the back. I hope you can get some answers. I am so sorry this is happening-----I would be beside myself with worry at this point.

Oh yes,I made sure to hold on to it. It doesnt state much other than what they received,date & the estimated cost to repair,or replace. Im kicking myself because in order to spare myself a visit to the mall during the holidays, I opted to go to this Prada Space which was equally crowded but so much convenient for since my husband passes by it everyday. I figured he could've picked it up for me.

I should have just gone to Neimans:sad: Im dreading they lost my bag in the craziness of the holidays. Im done calling for answers, Im hoping to go in person before thursday.

Do you mind me asking what they charged you for repairing the missing stud?
I find my quote ridiculous for the screw,now if they replace the strap I suppose its fair enough. Cant see why they would replace the whole thing though,it was in perfect except for the missing screw.

Please keep us updated

fingers crossed that everything will turn out ok