Prada question

Mcandy

Jul 24, 2013
Is there something called " the back room? I was asking the seller for the receipt and she said she doesnt have any since its given by her ex bf. she said her ex purchased it in something called the back room because her ex is friends with the owner and so the authenticity card doesnt have date of purchase or where is it bought. Its like an exclusive place of prada to special customers. Does that even exist? Do you think the bag is legit? Thanks

Is there something called " the back room? I was asking the seller for the receipt and she said she doesnt have any since its given by her ex bf. she said her ex purchased it in something called the back room because her ex is friends with the owner and so the authenticity card doesnt have date of purchase or where is it bought. Its like an exclusive place of prada to special customers. Does that even exist? Do you think the bag is legit? Thanks

Talk is cheap, especially from sellers. Post photos in the AT thread.

I would have no idea if that bag is legit or not, but her statement sounds extraordinarily shady to me. Even if the authenticity card doesn't have the date of purchase, why refuse to show you a picture of the other side of it? I've just dealt with scammers enough to know that if they're hiding any major piece of information like that, it's usually not for a good reason. Even in the best case scenario, and it's legit and authentic, you're still spending a good chunk of money on it. Why not give you a few extra pictures and help alleviate your concerns?

I dont understand why she doesnt comply to my request. Im thinking she knows ill see it personally anyway but still it would have been better if she sends me the photos i requested so I wont have to waste her time going to the meetup for nothing right? Ive seen last years card of authenticity and this year and its so different from hers. It was similar to a vintage one but that had different color than this. Ive seen relica cards similar to hers though i must say hers is in better quality. Ive been waiting for the authenticators to respond to my post in the authentication thread but it seem i have no luck. Whats so weird though is that she deleted her old post and then reentered it thus causing the delay. I was so excited for this transaction but now I do not know what to think. I wanted to purchase another stuff but i think its fake too...i sell thru kijiji too and I sell authentic items. I couldnt live with myself if I dupe people for money. I wonder how these people could manage that right? Im sorry for my rant but im pissed with counterfeiters. I mean it would have been alright if they just state its fake right than to pass off a fake one for the real thing...im disgusted...

No - absolutely NO - there is no "back room". The back room line is one often used by counterfeiters, especially when they accost tourists in China - "psssst come and see the authentic Prada we will sell for good price from back room of the factory!!!" Bovine excrement....all of it. If anyone tells you they got authentic Prada direct from the "factory" or the "back room of the factory" you can know for sure it's bull****.

Similarly if they got it from a "warehouse", or a "store closed down" sale, or a "wholesaler", or a "factory seconds" sale, or anywhere which is not a Prada outlet, you can be about 110% sure they are lying through their teeth and you will only get a fake.

And now I will go and look at your posting.

She said its " by appointment" kind of thing...whats shes telling is true then if theres a possibility the item is authentic....i think ill see her thursday..thanks for your time missfiggy!

Some Prada stores like to make appointments; some like to use a red rope to bar the entrance to limit the number of clients in the store at one time; but "by appointment" is, again, bulls**t. Unless you are ordering a one off, then it just doesn't happen. Whilst the bag may be authentic, I'm starting to think that this seller is trying to pull a fast one.

Yeah it worries me now..i just had a little hope because she said it could probably be legit apart from the made in tag which i should still show her...the lady isnt keen on sending photos shes even lazy to answer my emails...that bugs me..