Prada Purchased in Italy - No Proper Receipt or 2nd ID Card?

hsensi

O.G.
Jul 28, 2006
I just returned from a very quick trip to Italy. I purchased a BL0837 (Promenade) back in Florence. Now that I am home and my brain is working again I realize that the only receipt I have is the credit card receipt. I would have expected a proper bill or receipt with my name/ address on it and the shops address. I also noticed that I only have the plastic ID card (yes it is properly stamped and dated) but not the paper ID card.

Is this normal? I tried to call the number of the receipt but their English is poor and I was disconnected. I can call back but figured I would ask you all here first since I know several of you have bought from boutiques in Italy.

I vaguely remember buying a bag from Hawaii over the phone and having the documents mailed separate from the handbag. I can't imagine they will mail it to me later though.

I just returned from a very quick trip to Italy. I purchased a BL0837 (Promenade) back in Florence. Now that I am home and my brain is working again I realize that the only receipt I have is the credit card receipt. I would have expected a proper bill or receipt with my name/ address on it and the shops address. I also noticed that I only have the plastic ID card (yes it is properly stamped and dated) but not the paper ID card.

Is this normal?
I tried to call the number of the receipt but their English is poor and I was disconnected. I can call back but figured I would ask you all here first since I know several of you have bought from boutiques in Italy.

I vaguely remember buying a bag from Hawaii over the phone and having the documents mailed separate from the handbag. I can't imagine they will mail it to me later though.

You aren't clear, but I'm assuming you purchased this AT a Prada boutique. If so, yes, it's quite normal to only get the plastic authenticity card. Prada staff always keep the paper card with the item description.

Hi Prada Psycho, thank you for replying!
Yes, I did purchase at the Prada boutique near Piazza del Duomo in Florence. I was there for only one day and it was fate when the taxi driver dropped me right in front of the store.

Thank you so much for the clarification. It just seems strange to me that they would want to keep the paper card.
They actually called me back from their caller id and I spoke to my sales person and he verified that I was only going to get the plastic card and he also verified that the receipt is just the small cash register receipt. I expected a full sheet of paper with my name / address, etc that you would get at other high end boutiques. I am fine with my reciept, it is just small so I want to put it someplace safe.

Just an FYI.. I saved about 30% off of what my cost would have been in the US once I got my VAT refund. :smile: