Prada outlet (space) motivarchi, Italy - please post your tips, advise for newbie

Bagsx10

Jul 31, 2014
I'm planning to visit prada outlet first time in italy soon. Please can anyone who has been give me tips and advice.

- when is it best to go I.e. Weekday or weekend
-how to get there train or bus
- what are the prices. I'm looking for cross body messenger type bags or medium sized shoulder bag styles
-is it possible to visit prada space and the mall in one day?
-do they stock any of the bags without the triangle logo in the outlet
-if you can please post me bags that you have purchased there recently so I can get an idea
-is the prada outlet in italy cheaper then outlets in other countries

Any thing else I've missed

Thanks

I'm planning to visit prada outlet first time in italy soon. Please can anyone who has been give me tips and advice.

- when is it best to go I.e. Weekday or weekend
-how to get there train or bus
- what are the prices. I'm looking for cross body messenger type bags or medium sized shoulder bag styles
-is it possible to visit prada space and the mall in one day?
-do they stock any of the bags without the triangle logo in the outlet
-if you can please post me bags that you have purchased there recently so I can get an idea
-is the prada outlet in italy cheaper then outlets in other countries

Any thing else I've missed

Thanks
Best is to go on weekdays of course. It's less crowded. It depends actually. Last time when I was there, the outlet was quite crowded but I managed to snagged my stuffs and the SAs were helpful as well.

I bought a BN2530 for around 270Euro. Absolutely great deal and come it handy. It is possible to visit the mall in one day, depends on the brands that you're looking for. Are you into RTW as well? It's really cheap as well. Discounted up to 90%!!!

Moncler, Gucci, Valentino(always running out of size, depends on your luck), they do have great deal.

If I'm not mistaken, the prada outlet at the mall has the cheapest price as you will be able to get tax refund.

Have fun at your prada outlet shopping! It's always cheaper to get it at italy outlet compare to other countries. I'm really really regretted that I didn't buy more when I was at the mall outlet!

Best is to go on weekdays of course. It's less crowded. It depends actually. Last time when I was there, the outlet was quite crowded but I managed to snagged my stuffs and the SAs were helpful as well.

I bought a BN2530 for around 270Euro. Absolutely great deal and come it handy. It is possible to visit the mall in one day, depends on the brands that you're looking for. Are you into RTW as well? It's really cheap as well. Discounted up to 90%!!!

Moncler, Gucci, Valentino(always running out of size, depends on your luck), they do have great deal.

If I'm not mistaken, the prada outlet at the mall has the cheapest price as you will be able to get tax refund.

Have fun at your prada outlet shopping! It's always cheaper to get it at italy outlet compare to other countries. I'm really really regretted that I didn't buy more when I was at the mall outlet!
Thanks very much for your help:smile:

I've been here a few times, sort of hard to find at first. It's in an industrial area.

They are kinda strict inside the store, you can't take items out of their section.

Prices are great. Once you find an item you want, they get you a brand new, wrapped and boxed version.

During summer season it's crowded. People try to grab a bag as soon as you turn around. But they re-stock every day.

Enjoy!

Hi bagsx10,

I was just there last week on a Thursday around 2-3pm and it was really empty so that I could walk in straight without having to line up. During holiday season I do believe that it might be much more crowded especially in the weekends but I was surprised that end August/early Sept which I still consider late holiday season it was so calm.

In terms of transportation, we had a rental car which is handy if you plan to go from Florence and also if you plan to visit the Mall in one shot. It should be okay to go by train as well though as I've seen quite many people doing that. Driving in Italy seems not too attractive to most people ;)

Regarding the diversity of the bags I must say I was a bit disappointed. Compared to other European outlets I know (ie Roermond in the Netherlands) the bags are on average only 10% cheaper, so if you'd get a Prada Vitello Daino Tote in Holland for 650€, they might be around 590€ in Montevarchi. Thus the bargain is not great, depending on which price level you are used to or what you are actually expecting.

You can also always ask the very very nice SAs if they have something on stock or alternative colors on a product. The times of 'what you see is what they have' have passed, so do not worry too much about having to grab something because someone else might grab it instead. As mentioned, the choice of bag models was rather disapponting for me because I had hopes for more diversity.

I ended up with a BN2793 in Viola (http://instagram.com/p/shiX7WFp0C/) and a 1m1349 wallet and am very happy. Having said that I found my purchases a nice souvenir as a memory of my Italian round trip, but the place is definitely not a true bargain heaven factory outlet anymore as it's used to be.

Hope it helped ;)

my_private_jet

Thank you for your advice. It is really helpful. It is reassuring to know that there are no lines there sometimes and I think I will make it a weekday then.

I do hope I find something as I am after looking at lots of variety and from your experience there isn't

Your bag is amazing and the colour I love it. Purple is one of my favourite colours. if you don't mind me asking, how much was it for?

I went there by train on the way from Rome to Florence, we stopped at Montevarci station which is along the way. Outside the train station, there'll be cabs waiting and they already knew people would come to visit the outlet.

I went there on weekdays, there werent many people, but i dont see anything i like so i just bought a wallet for my bf. i was looking for prada saffiano lux tote, but there werent many choice of colors.

Price wise, u can expect around 50-100 euros cheaper than in other Prada store in Italy, depending on the bags.. however, there werent many interesting choice anyway.

Or maybe its weekdays, and we reached there around 12ish in the afternoon, so we probably missed the good stuff.

Hey bagsx10,

Sure. I paid 590€ for the bag, here's a picture with better lighting of it. I simply love the color! -http://instagram.com/p/s-M46Rlp47/

I also dropped by Roermond McArthur Glen Designer Outlet in Roermond/Netherlands last Saturday and saw the same model there. Material/color were different but price was roundabout identical. In fact there was a VIP shopping event at which I received 10% on top of everything so eventually I could have gotten away even cheaper in Roermond for the same model, I guess.

For people coming from US/Asia who can receive tax refund I believe the bargain is still good compared to local prices. For EU people, it might not differ where they purchase Prada (at least in outlets).

Cheers! Hope you enjoy your Italy trip!