Prada outlet bags

Hey there! I have a similar question. I recently set out to purchase my first Prada bag as my collection only consists of LV and Gucci. The big stand alone Prada store in our city was temporarily closed since that area was shut down due to Covid restrictions. The only other place that was open and had a Prada store was Toronto Premium Outlets. I went there and settled on two bags I really liked. Unfortunately, the sales reps there were little to no help. I expected this after reading the online reviews before heading in but none of them were able to tell me anything about either bag (when I managed to finally get ones attention). I’ve attached a picture of the bag along with the tag. Does anyone know if this is a “made for outlet” bag or if it is from a previous seasons collection? The only thing that pops up when I type in the code “1BD200” is the second Poshmark picture I attached (which is not mine). As you can see it has a similar structure but the hardware is very very different. I spent around $1,300 for it and as it is my first Prada bag, I was really hoping it wasn’t a “made for outlet only” bag. Unfortunately no one at the Toronto Premium Outlets location were able to give me any background info on it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 3A48609A-4987-4871-8FD0-293FF3676461.jpeg
    3A48609A-4987-4871-8FD0-293FF3676461.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 99BE351A-5193-4DAF-A6D7-F9AC1627241F.jpeg
    99BE351A-5193-4DAF-A6D7-F9AC1627241F.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Cherry90
My outlet just opened a Prada store and I happened to be there the first day they opened. I had not intended to buy a Prada bag, but since Armageddon is happening this year anyway, I thought why not. ;)

I have plenty of leather bags so I decided for this nylon. It was the blue that did it and I have to say it is stunning. I have read some reviews and people seem to hate this style but I have to say I love it. Looks really good in person and on person.

I do think this bag has slight faults and that's probably the reason is was in the outlet. (Stitching on the leather part of the handle is not straight at the end 2nd photo, bulging on one side of the fold 4th photo, and the main label might even be a tinsy bit crooked)
It was the only one in this color.
I paid ~$500 and still think it is a somewhat overpriced for a nylon bag with faults but I don't rally know. I can still return it but really would like to keep it. Did I pay too much???

My daughter is already fantasising about borrowing it..yeah right. Anyway here is is.

IMG_4038.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4043.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

IMG_4045.jpeg

Last edited:
My outlet just opened a Prada store and I happened to be there the first day they opened. I had not intended to buy a Prada bag, but since Armageddon is happening this year anyway, I thought why not. ;)

I have plenty of leather bags so I decided for this nylon. It was the blue that did it and I have to say it is stunning. I have read some reviews and people seem to hate this style but I have to say I love it. Looks really good in person and on person.

I do think this bag has slight faults and that's probably the reason is was in the outlet. (Stitching on the leather part of the handle is not straight at the end 2nd photo, bulging on one side of the fold 4th photo, and the main label might even be a tinsy bit crooked)
I paid ~$500 and still think it is a somewhat overpriced for a nylon bag with faults but I don't rally know. I can still return it but really would like to keep it. Did I pay too much???

My daughter is already fantasising about borrowing it..yeah right. Anyway here is is.

View attachment 4925423

View attachment 4925424

View attachment 4925425

View attachment 4925426

View attachment 4925427
I think it's a really good deal! I recall seeing this style in stores before. Anything sub $1000 seems to be a deal these days on a non-mini bag lol

View attachment 4925423

View attachment 4925424

View attachment 4925425

View attachment 4925426

View attachment 4925427

Nice but this bag is made for Outlet, is not a regular store bag, depending what you paid it might be you paid a bit too much

Hey there! I have a similar question. I recently set out to purchase my first Prada bag as my collection only consists of LV and Gucci. The big stand alone Prada store in our city was temporarily closed since that area was shut down due to Covid restrictions. The only other place that was open and had a Prada store was Toronto Premium Outlets. I went there and settled on two bags I really liked. Unfortunately, the sales reps there were little to no help. I expected this after reading the online reviews before heading in but none of them were able to tell me anything about either bag (when I managed to finally get ones attention). I’ve attached a picture of the bag along with the tag. Does anyone know if this is a “made for outlet” bag or if it is from a previous seasons collection? The only thing that pops up when I type in the code “1BD200” is the second Poshmark picture I attached (which is not mine). As you can see it has a similar structure but the hardware is very very different. I spent around $1,300 for it and as it is my first Prada bag, I was really hoping it wasn’t a “made for outlet only” bag. Unfortunately no one at the Toronto Premium Outlets location were able to give me any background info on it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
That purse is beautiful! Did they have it in beige? I'm heading to Halton Hills this weekend and I have my mind set on a beige chain flap purse from Prada or Gucci

95% of the bags at the outlet are "made for outlet," its the same materials (mostly) made in other nations; China, Indo, etc. There are made in Italy "outlet" pieces as well. Price point is usually a huge indicator, same bags in a multitude of colors. The higher priced pieces are usually from boutiques.

That 1BD200 is a made for outlet piece. One of the better ones i might add. Any Saffiano pieces; outlet or retail are fantastic and hold up very well. For those in the know, the product card always has the country code (where it was made) and usually a year of manufacture. Outlet pieces rarely have manufacture years hence indicating an outlet piece.

That blue nylon bag was a steal. It was sold at retail for i believe ~1700. It was part of the SS18 collection if i recall correctly. Might have been a mid season transitional piece into FW.

I came to that conclusion as well. I did return it this week. Felt much better. Just to go across the street and spend it again at Max Mara. ;)
The bag was beautiful but i agree to return if you are not satisfied. I’ve purchased a Gucci outlet bag knowing it’s only sold in outlets…but it’s still Gucci…made in Italy…I loved it and use it as my carefree bag.