Prada or Nada?

gottabagit

O.G.
Sep 20, 2011
I waited patiently for the Prada sale, counting the days until I would get my hands on some beautiful goodies. Finally, last week I called the Prada in Saks and ordered a black nylon Tessuto tote with white stitching. The SA informed me that I would receive an email in a few days time with details on the order. In the meantime the Private sale started and I ordered two bags, but something in my gut told me that something wasn't right with the original phone order. I called Saks and was told, as I suspected, that the order had been cancelled since the bag had sold out. No problem, I had two beautiful bags on their way! In an effort to prevent the back and forth with Fedex and signature required, I picked up the packages from the local Fedex office. The FedEx lady brings out two cartons, one is large and the other is a slim carton. So I'm wondering how on earth did Prada fit a handbag in this small carton. I couldn't contain myself, so right there in the FedEx office, I opened the slim carton and pull out a beautiful scarf. A scarf when I ordered a handbag? So is there someone out there who ordered a scarf and received a handbag? What a joke! But as the informercials say ...wait there's more.

I got home and decided to put my things in the navy bowling bag that did get shipped. As I start to place my items in the bag, I realized that the metal/plastic security tag was not removed from the bag prior to shipment.

These are two separate orders! What lousy quality control! I'll be speaking to Prada Customer Service tomorrow but I'm disappointed in my experience so far. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1449115857.117225.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1449115873.162698.jpg

Haha no surprise. My Gucci bag was shipped with out a dust bag. Just a plastic bag around it in a box with some bubble and this is how it arrived with dents and all.

Attachments

• 1449116063857.jpg
    1449116063857.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 407
I think you said it best. This is supposed to be an experience but the stress of the holidays has people cutting corners.

I find it interesting how luxury retailers tend to fall behind small mom & pop shops like the Goulet Pen company that adds hand written notes and little treats to make their orders more personal. It's an even more glaring problem when you consider the margins that these luxury brands are earning.

So I ended up "returning" the scarf I never ordered and having the security tag removed from my bag at a local store. I ended up buying two more bags while at the store, just couldn't resist 50% off. Prada shipped my bag overnight and a present. The present turned out to be a tome with information on all things Prada, nice but I think a monetary discount would have been nicer. I'm still waiting for word from their corporate office on that note. Here's a picture of my haul thus far and although I'm tempted to buy one more bag, I'll wait until I hear from Prada. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1449630525.616250.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1449630547.966667.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1449630569.075999.jpg