PRADA nylon vs MZ Wallace Nylon?

pandorabox

"She was wearing all Chanel."
O.G.
May 2, 2011
I have been eyeing some nylon bags, LongChamp, Tumi.... Mostly Prada and then I stumbled on MZ Wallace. I wonder how they compare nylon wise and is the price of Prada Nylon worth the price? How do the MZ Wallace one stand up?

I never thought to look at Nylon but these two are super cute.

So which would you choose?

Prada or MZ?

I have been eyeing some nylon bags, LongChamp, Tumi.... Mostly Prada and then I stumbled on MZ Wallace. I wonder how they compare nylon wise and is the price of Prada Nylon worth the price? How do the MZ Wallace one stand up?

I never thought to look at Nylon but these two are super cute.

So which would you choose?

Prada or MZ?
MZ wallace nylon bags wear like iron. I have owned one Prada backpack but never did really use it. Sold it recently. I have seen the leather give out on MZ bag handles before the nylon does and have even had a lot of luck throwing them in the gentle cycle in the washing machine. They clean up like brand new.

MZ wallace nylon bags wear like iron. I have owned one Prada backpack but never did really use it. Sold it recently. I have seen the leather give out on MZ bag handles before the nylon does and have even had a lot of luck throwing them in the gentle cycle in the washing machine. They clean up like brand new.

Thank you for that insight. That's very helpful.

I have owned both Prada and MZ nylon bags and I must say that MZ nylon compares in quality. There are a few Prada nylon bags that I had for years and still looked new. My oldest MZ is about 3 years old and it looks as it did (if not better than) the day I bought it.

I have owned both Prada and MZ nylon bags and I must say that MZ nylon compares in quality. There are a few Prada nylon bags that I had for years and still looked new. My oldest MZ is about 3 years old and it looks as it did (if not better than) the day I bought it.

Thanks!! Good to know. I am eyeing the new double quilted tote. It's so comfy.

They are both great, but I love MZ's Bedford and Oxford nylons. It wears like iron and can handle any weather. They are my favorite bags. FYI, the double quilted tote, while beautiful, is satin or a satin/nylon blend...satin is prone to stains and snags...I'd recommend the other Metro totes or another style in the Bedford nylon unless you are really gentle on your bags.

They are both great, but I love MZ's Bedford and Oxford nylons. It wears like iron and can handle any weather. They are my favorite bags. FYI, the double quilted tote, while beautiful, is satin or a satin/nylon blend...satin is prone to stains and snags...I'd recommend the other Metro totes or another style in the Bedford nylon unless you are really gentle on your bags.

This exactly!

I sold a nylon Prada square shaped crossbody to Fashionphile recently and am planning to give away a tiny nylon Prada pochette to my cousin for her high school prom. They were both very good bags & still looked great after years of use - basically the sizes / shapes / straps of these specific purses are what wasn't working for me & the reason I let them go.

Happy nylon purse hunting!

I have both. Prada bags are well made, but I find mzw nylon to be more durable. I had an odd stain on a prada I could never get out, but I have yet to have a stained mzw. Everything cleans off mzw so well.

Thanks for the tip!!! Excellent points. :smile: