Prada nude nylon wear

W1shful

Jul 31, 2020
Thinking about getting the Prada re edition in the nude nylon. Majority of my bags are black and I’m looking for a beige casual bag. Is this colour way easy to clean and not show water marks? If you have this bag but don’t reach for it, what’s your go to?

94588291-5AB3-4463-AC9A-ABB15551D58E.jpeg

Reactions: Namwan-
Thinking about getting the Prada re edition in the nude nylon. Majority of my bags are black and I’m looking for a beige casual bag. Is this colour way easy to clean and not show water marks? If you have this bag but don’t reach for it, what’s your go to?

View attachment 4828200
I have a tan Prada flat messenger from ~2004. I wore it at the height of my carelessness in high school and later in my 20s, so it has a few marks and blemishes. Spot cleaning at home tends to just spread them around. I have used a Tide Pen many times, but it's imperfect. The dry cleaner would be able to get the bigger stuff out, although I haven't made or found any marks so unsightly as to require that step yet. The lack of structure of the flat messenger makes it easy to hide the small stuff. Prada's nylon is surprisingly easy to maintain, but because the nylon on the reissue 2005 is taut, any marks would be much more visible and may require a small amount of effort to maintain. The shape and size of the bag would increase your chances of getting dirt on the bottom, strap, and corners where it may make contact with walls, doors, cars, etc.

View attachment 4828200
I can't comment on the ease of maintaining the colour, but the bag is so beautiful in this nude colour. I usually gravitate towards black but i am loving this bag in both the light colours and the bright pops of colour like the gorgeous blues, pinks, reds and greens they come in.

I have this bag and I think the colour is beautiful! I haven’t had any issues with marks or colour transfer, but I have only worn it a handful of times. It’s gotten water on it, which I just wiped off and it looks completely fine. I don’t feel the need to baby it or not wear it with denim, but I probably wouldn’t wear it doing something that was likely to be very messy due to the colour. Hope that helps!

I only have the black one, but I am also wondering how the lighter colors are holding up, especially the new white. I love wearing black & white, so the white bag couls be a great addition. The SA in Milano warned me that many customers returned the white one, because they got after 2 weeks many stains etc.

Personally, I can't see the nylon in light colors wearing well. Just from my experience with nylon in the past. I would go for the saffiano version instead for light colors!

I have this colour and so far, so good! It really is beautiful. I couldn’t decide between this or the ‘primula’ colour but ultimately decided this would fit in with more of my wardrobe, it goes with most things but it’s definitely more of a casual bag unless taking off the strap then it really can be dressed up!

I definitely don’t baby this bag and it’s great, I have a number of LV bags and worry more about them!
My prada has been taken out for dinners, day trips - sat on chairs/floors whilst out and about and I’ve generally not worried about it.

Have you thought about the saffiano leather reedition of this bag? I know it’s leather but I think I’d worry a little less about what you’ve pointed out as I think it would be easier to wipe clean, marks less noticeable? However, I have heard of people putting their nylon bags in the washing machine so that could be another option! :smile: