Prada Newbie first bag!!

quincysouth

Jan 14, 2010
Yeah!!!!:yahoo: My first prada handbag received yesterday.....already loaded with my "stuff" and ready to go out into the world. Love the quality of the leather; kinda heavy. The only question I have is the "brass-gold" seems a little dirty.....maybe the word is oxidized.....wonder if there is anyway to buff or make it shine a little more.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0306101526a.jpg
    0306101526a.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 542
PP: Found this on overstock about 10 days ago......based on my research of the prada forum, it should be an authentic website. I tried evilbay a few times but never felt comfortable enough to pull the trigger as I would rather have an authentic bag, pay the price (not chase the discount) than a fake. I couldn't bear that.....Anyway, I believe it is br4278 based upon thread research of this forum and reviewing other members postings and pictures. Paid a hefty price for it though; that's why I am a little disappointed about the oxidized gold. Smells wonderful and gushy-smushy leather......maybe it was kept is plastic or something.....I am just starting my journey into the world of prada. Love the line so much.....it is totally my taste.

PP: Found this on overstock about 10 days ago......based on my research of the prada forum, it should be an authentic website. I tried evilbay a few times but never felt comfortable enough to pull the trigger as I would rather have an authentic bag, pay the price (not chase the discount) than a fake. I couldn't bear that.....Anyway, I believe it is br4278 based upon thread research of this forum and reviewing other members postings and pictures. Paid a hefty price for it though; that's why I am a little disappointed about the oxidized gold. Smells wonderful and gushy-smushy leather......maybe it was kept is plastic or something.....I am just starting my journey into the world of prada. Love the line so much.....it is totally my taste.

Oh, yeah. No problems with Overstock. If that tarnish is really bugging you, get a jeweler's cloth and polish the metal with the treated side (watch you don't rub the leather), then polish it up with the untreated side. Works like a charm. :tup:

The other thing, if memory serves, that might be intentionally oxidized, but I'm not sure. If it's uneven, then the polishing cloth will take care of it.

Watch out sniffing it too much. A new Prada is worse than that "new car smell" for getting you addicted. Even my husband hasn't been able to keep his nose off my latest addition to the collection. :yahoo: