Prada Matinee Handbag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Anybody seen the new Matinee bag? New shape in Saffiano, but is it a yay or nay?

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 00.21.24.png Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 00.22.02.png Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 00.22.25.png

2. Meh. :tdown:

br3wx likes this.
  3. Well, I would never pay whatever they are asking for what looks like a basic bag.
    Plus the handles look disproportionately long when coupled with the shoulder strap.

BleuSaphir, br3wx and Prada Psycho like this.
  4. GEEZ LOUISE!!! They run $2450-$3100 depending on the size. I could buy an Hermes for that price point barely 9 years ago. HERMES!!! Not Plastic Prada.

poopsie and br3wx like this.
  5. :wtf:
    Miuccia must be hitting the crack pipe again. Good grief

:wtf:

Prada Psycho and br3wx like this.
  6. Ahuh!!! I had like a 5 min of stunned silence looking at the bag and the price! :wtf:

7. And they're getting so cheaply made. Little things like replacing the inside metal rectangle PRADA Made in Italy tag with a poorly embossed logo to begin with. Other than pieces at least 10+/- years old, I've given up on Prada. I've wandered over to the dark side recently and have been buying most vintage LV bags. The newest one I have is 7 years old. Much like Prada, they were made a lot better and have more personality. Besides that, they're dirt cheap on the secondary market if you know how to shop for them.

br3wx likes this.
  8. I'm not a fan.

The design seems way too simplified for the price tag and the short handle looks really awkward when the bag is worn on the shoulder with the longer strap. And I don't like how the opening of the bag is constructed, just doesn't look good to me.

br3wx likes this.
  9. :amazed: Yikes! I did read quite a few here on Prada's poor track record with the quality of their products and the lack of after sale customer service, such a huge contrast when comparing to LV. I'll be steering clear of Prada for now unless if its a vintage that caught my eye :lol:

Prada Psycho likes this.
  10. I don’t like it

11. Dear @Prada Psycho, does it apply to their wallets as well? I havent heard of any negative stuff about their quality. I currently using a saffiano wallet for 5 years now and it still look immaculate! Im on the hunt for a new wallet now as I'm bored with the color that I have :lol:

chaussures74 likes this.
  12. #12 Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    All you need to do is read around the Prada sub-forum. There is thread after thread after thread about the personal experiences of other members with Prada bags.

As to the small accessories, I personally don't see many posts about them good or bad. I have to suspect the quality has taken a dive in those as well. Given their wallets cost as much as their handbags cost not too long ago, I personally wouldn't take the risk.

br3wx likes this.
  13. I wonder how it would look in Daino leather or Cervo leather?
    I think Saffiano leather make the silhouette look cheaply made. I do also agree that it look awkward with the longer shoulder strap. Like isn't the main strap meant to be also hold as a shoulder? :wondering:

14. I guess I'm in the minority. I just recently went to Neiman's, looked at it, and tried it on. I really like it! I, however, do not like the price. If it were about $1k cheaper, I'd buy it.

br3wx likes this.