prada made in china?

I remember the article as well. What upsets me is that these luxury brands are moving their production to China, yet their MSRPs on the goods continue to increase. I tend to take the pro- business stance, but I'm a consumer too so since production is cheaper, then luxury goods should cost less. :graucho: I realize that this argument only sounds good in my head. :sad:

I just got messaged by a person in China trying to sell their products to our business. I found this forum when searching if Prada were made in China. I asked the person if the products were authentic. She told me no, but they are great quality and you will never know the difference. I once spoke to someone about some Callaway clubs too that were not authentic, but you cant tell the difference.
China is copying many of our products and selling them to wholesalers which sell on ebay and places like that. BEWARE! You cant tell the difference between the two products. The only way you know yours is authentic is that you bought it from somewhere that is reputable? but maybe not even then.....
The golf clubs were authentic....you could not tell....Im sure the purses are the same too. If you are interested in seeing a REAL fake email me and I will send you the web address to see for yourselves. You can see coach, prada, all of them in copies. I dont want to post it here.

:cursing:

The design was absolutely beautiful but it fell apart after 6 months!!! Why did i pay hundreds for it when it was Made in China for less than $10/bag? Are you serious?!!!

Why is there a "Milano" label on it? It doesnt' look fake? It was purchased at a premium at a department store.

What kind of cheap child slave labor are they exploiting for a profit, it's disgusting. And the missing quality of the goods reflect this, regardless of the high price tag that you're paying on the item.

I've had little clothing items that i though were made in the local area because they were sold by botiques. EVERYTHING, unfortunately was again Made in China and sold for a premium price tag. They all fell apart within a month.

I'm willing to spend an extra buck for a well crafted, taylored item. Although the designs are beautiful, Prada is a rip off.

Be warned, and watch your labels. Those poor exploited cheap asian child slaves and their tired fingers are not the manufacturing tools required for the high end quality that we paid for with these items. And those poor kids should be in school.

I am so disgusted, I will never buy Prada. :tdown:
SHAME ON YOU!

Last edited:
Hi I just joined forum ...bought a Prada "made in China" at a yard sale....looks authentic to me......has the Prada black lining...I have to assume it's genuine. However, if it's made in Italy, would the value be higher? I'm putting it up for sale.

I just got messaged by a person in China trying to sell their products to our business. I found this forum when searching if Prada were made in China. I asked the person if the products were authentic. She told me no, but they are great quality and you will never know the difference. I once spoke to someone about some Callaway clubs too that were not authentic, but you cant tell the difference.
China is copying many of our products and selling them to wholesalers which sell on ebay and places like that. BEWARE! You cant tell the difference between the two products. The only way you know yours is authentic is that you bought it from somewhere that is reputable? but maybe not even then.....

Doesn't Prada have a signature lining? Wouldn't that prove it's a Prada?

I bought a Prada today that had a tag on it saying made in China I personally don't believe it is real. It feels more like plastic then anything else. I would say it's not real.

So watch out if you think the Made in China tag makes it real. I don't think so.

When I bought it I bought it with the knowledge it wasn't real in my head and only paid $2.00 a piece bought two of them. It's is a nice wallet looks good but the feel and grain are wrong. Inside lining has no marking of Prada. They are cute and they closer is nice and shuts nice I like that. But then again I have a cheapo that does the same thing. However for a knockoff it's not bad.

If you look on the net I found one almost the same for 4.00 plus shipping. So I guess I got it for half price less shipping. And it also said made in China.

Trust me it is not real the stitching is off and the front triangle Prada sign isn't fit right either it's off also. I wouldn't of paid all that much attention to it untill I found Prada made them in China then I checked over real real good after alittle searching. After a thoroughly go over I say it's not real. Plus it doesn't have the leather grain to it either.

Last edited:
Prada I'm sure only the lower end does..
For Miu Miu. It only has factory in Italy and Turkey. It will be stated inside the back compartment, the factory no. and where its made from. 1** onwards is from Italy, 2/4** onwards from Turkey, if i'm not wrong. But none from China.

I also read they do make them from China the sports which is lower end of Prada. When I get my camera to working with new batteries I will post and show you don't go by a tag just because it says Made in China.

ive been reading up on designers moving their buisness to china, and i dont understand what the difference is where the bag is made. why does a pair of hands in italy cost more than a pair of chinese hands. and whats the difference where the material is made, wouldnt it still be the same material if it was made in any country. so if a worker in italy demands more money, then the designer demands more. but what if the chinese worker only wants 1$ an hour (ya right) so then shouldnt the designer bring the price down. and what a strange thing for a designer to have to explain if he wants to make it somewhere else. if people are fools to pay 1200 for a purse, then he should be able to ask for that price even if it is made in china for 1$ an hour, and made by 4 year olds in India. there is NO difference where something is made. the only difference is what the media makes you believe is better.

Hi, your post was in the Miu Miu thread so I thought it's also relevant to what your topic?

Just bought my first Miu Miu Bow at the Miu Miu boutique in Paragon. Was so excited. Lovely bag but guess what when I came home and looked inside the bag hoping to see a 'Made in Italy' tag, it says 'Made in Turkey'!!!! I don't doubt it's authenticity because I bought it from the boutique. Just disappointed that I paid quite a huge sum of money only to realise later it's not Italian made. So sad! I should have gone for the TOD'S leather bag that I was also considering......:crybaby::crybaby: